for the apwa

brett636

You weren't listening, Local. This is a misrepresentation of what Skillman said. Please use some thought when attempting to discredit Skillman and Eason. What he said was, the membership fee, if your membership application is submitted prior to certification of APWA as the collective bargaining agent, is $150. This is a one time fee. Should your membership application be submitted AFTER the vote, then the fee will be $250. Also a one time fee. This initiation fee amount is similar to what Teamster locals currently charge. Obviously this is to encourage membership applications and financial support during the campaign.
I'm not an officer; so this is not my decision to make. I suggest that you contact the officers and make this request. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

And your'e comment about being a gentlemen in a debate with Teamsters.....obviously you haven't watched the Leedham/Keegel debate. It was a pure smeer session seeing who could tear down the character of the other candidate. There were several times where I thought Keegel needed to pop a couple nitro pills to calm himself down.
Nospin:cool:

Thats one hell of a steep initiation fee! I only paid a $50 initiation fee here, and as far as I know that hasn't changed.

brett636

Really, I've been hear over 15 yrs and I paid over $200. Does that mean you've been hear over 60 years?

When I was hired in 2000 the initiation fee was only $50. The only thing thats changed since I was hired is they now make you pay back dues during the time you were paying your initiation fee which is taken out of the first four paychecks at $12.50 each.

FYI:
hear: I can hear the dog barking
here: I was here when they made the accouncement.

There is a difference. ;)

badpas

When I was hired in 2000 the initiation fee was only $50. The only thing thats changed since I was hired is they now make you pay back dues during the time you were paying your initiation fee which is taken out of the first four paychecks at $12.50 each.

FYI:
hear: I can hear the dog barking
here: I was here when they made the accouncement.

There is a difference. ;)

That sounds alot better, too bad its not the same here. I can understand alittle difference from area to area but not a $200 dollar difference. I hired in in 1993 and paid $250. I would like to know why such a big difference.

W

westsideworma

That sounds alot better, too bad its not the same here. I can understand alittle difference from area to area but not a $200 dollar difference. I hired in in 1993 and paid $250. I would like to know why such a big difference.

um ours is 400 I believe....ouch