For the City Drivers

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is where I took my lunch today. :) Where do you take yours?
IMG_20130529_161223_998.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Where did you find a spot like that in the city?!?!?!?!?

Nah, I was thumbing my nose in a fun way at the guys who say they love the city routes. I could never deliver in somewhere like NYC. Too many people on top of each other. I do some industrial and dense rural stuff on parts of the routes I run, but I like the woods/countryside. It's peaceful and de-stresses me when I need it.

HomeDelivery

handing out free candy to the local kids?

nah, i've been getting done sooner than dusk & since our breaks are unregulated... i take it when i finish my last stop.

park at the closest rest area, swing out the rear barn doors, and sit on the bumper, drinking a cool drink from my cooler... and ponder why i like getting bent over daily for this 2nd rate outfit of a job

if i head back to base or go straight home with the delivery car during rush hour- it'll suck since we don't get paid ​for RTB (return-to-base) driving time

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
if i head back to base or go straight home with the delivery car during rush hour- it'll suck since we don't get paid ​for RTB (return-to-base) driving time

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying if you break trace for lunch you don't get paid to get back to where you were or are you saying at the end of your day you don't get paid to drive back to the center?

I know if we go off area our lunch starts at the moment we break trace and we're supposed to be back on area by the end of the lunch period if that's what you mean?

HomeDelivery

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying if you break trace for lunch you don't get paid to get back to where you were or are you saying at the end of your day you don't get paid to drive back to the center?

we don't get paid for sorting / loading our own vehicles

no pay for driving to the service area (some routes take only 5 minutes, while others take up to 1.5 hours before you start flinging the parcels out of the package car)

no pay for dead-heading it back to base

HD is a smaller division of Ground; it's alot easier since we rarely have time-commits & pickups

i had to break trace to get an appointment delivery out of the way first, then work my way to the first stop...

i also had an evening delivery that was 35 miles & 1 hour out of my service area (they dumped it on me since i showed up later than the early birds).

The contractor knew it would suck & gave me a $20 to make service on that one stop (normally will only get $1.60 for it)

UPSGUY72

we don't get paid for sorting / loading our own vehicles

no pay for driving to the service area (some routes take only 5 minutes, while others take up to 1.5 hours before you start flinging the parcels out of the package car)

no pay for dead-heading it back to base

HD is a smaller division of Ground; it's alot easier since we rarely have time-commits & pickups

i had to break trace to get an appointment delivery out of the way first, then work my way to the first stop...

i also had an evening delivery that was 35 miles & 1 hour out of my service area (they dumped it on me since i showed up later than the early birds).

The contractor knew it would suck & gave me a $20 to make service on that one stop (normally will only get $1.60 for it)

Apparently you like being used and abused for little pay and no benny's.....

We get paid from My start time till I punch out (except for a one hour lunch ). I get paid $32.26 for the first 8 hrs and $48.39 for anything more each day. I say each day because OT is after 8 a day not 40 a week. I almost for got we don't pay for are health care and have a pension.