For the frog toggers:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just bought a frog togg cooling towel last week and cut it in half because it was too big.
It worked great at first. By Friday it was really dirty and starting to smell sweaty so I tossed it in the washing machine over the weekend (twice) as it says to on the packaging. Washing it didn't get it clean in appearance--it still looked dirty only after washing it the towel stopped being cold when adding water.
I then busted out the other half and it works.
For the Frog Toggers, do you just buy a new one every 2 weeks or what?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have an Eduracool cooling Bandana I wear as a sweatband at work to cool me off and keep the sweat out of my eyes....similar concept as your cooling towel. Dude...common sense. You're using it to wipe sweat and dirt off your face and cool you off. You gotta wash it out and let it dry completely after every workday.

I use a little bit of laundry detergent and warm water and wash mine out in the sink when I get home everyday and hang it up to dry (it takes 5 minutes to do). I'll also run it thru the washer once or twice a week when I wash my work clothes. This will keep it from smelling rank.

Foamer Pyle

I just wrap mine around my neck to help keep me cool, and use my towel to wipe the sweat away. Mine doesn't get dirty, or smell.

babboo25

Banned
Ive had the same one for 2 years also. I keep it on ice in my cooler. Gets so cold it takes my breath away. I don't think they are meant to be used as sweat rags though, i use cotton towel for that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I rinse mine out at the end of the day and stick it back in the plastic container it came in. I then throw it in the freezer with my water bottles overnight. At lunchtime, its still frozen and it feels good when I drape it around my neck. I stuff it under my shirt, it works better.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Scratch, I thought you retired... Don't you want to go out with monkey butt and do the mall walking circuit at 700am then hang out at Starbucks til noon and talk about the good ol days at ups...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just to clarify, I'm not using it as a sweat rag. I wet it & put it on the back of my neck and it stays there until I wet it again. Primary point of the post was that it stopped cooling after running it through the washing machine and that it still looked dirty (again just from sitting on my neck) after it came out of the washing machine.
It says to keep it in the container it came in when not in use, not to let it dry out, etc. I rinse it at the end of the day.

I guess I'll just keep buying new ones. They're only like 7 bucks for 2 after tearing it in half.

babboo25

Banned
Just to clarify, I'm not using it as a sweat rag. I wet it & put it on the back of my neck and it stays there until I wet it again. Primary point of the post was that it stopped cooling after running it through the washing machine and that it still looked dirty (again just from sitting on my neck) after it came out of the washing machine.
It says to keep it in the container it came in when not in use, not to let it dry out, etc. I rinse it at the end of the day.

I guess I'll just keep buying new ones. They're only like 7 bucks for 2 after tearing it in half.
So does it say tear it in half on the container?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I'm not really sure....I've run mine through the washer a dozen or so times since I bought it and it still feels cool when I wet it with water. Maybe it's because you cut it in half?