for the love of the almighty do NOT file a grievance EVER!

BrownDooDoo

Management will harass you. All of a sudden they'll be wanting to give you warning letters for things they don't warn others for, and haven't seriously disciplined you for in the past.

Your union steward will tell you to, "Watch your back".

And it goes on and on and on.
--------

My union brethren are all too blind to the fact that the CONSTANT, DAILY supervisors working violations are taking money from them and their families. Or maybe they don't care. Maybe they don't care because they just want to get the hell out of the building because....

THEYRE TIRED OF GETTING THE WORK SLAMMED DOWN THEIR THROATS WHILE MNGMNT CUTs EMPLOYEES AT THE START OF THE DAY EVERY DAY AND SYSTEMATICALLY SENDs THE UNLOADERS HOME WITHOUT SENDING THEM TO HELP THE BELTS THEY JUST SLAMMED WITH THOUSANDS OF PACKAGES!!!!

I work in a small hub doing preload and it's totally and fully corrupt. I've been here 11 months and supervisors have worked all day every day in some area of the building.The steward collaborates with management so he has EASY days at work in turn for turning the other cheek on grievances and violations.

MY SHOP STEWARD WILL WORK HAND IN HAND WITH MY PRELOAD OPERATION MANAGER AND NOT SAY A :censored2:ING WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I PAYING UNION DUES?!?!?!?!?!

I dont care if it's 1 dollar or 20 THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!!!

Why does no one care about that. That's not a question I know the answer;

CORPORATE GREED!!!!

It's truly sickening.

Since grievances don't work (some times even vanish into thin air and the union is so weak I can't fight all by myself I don't want to loose this :censored2:ty job that's still better than most other :censored2: ASS jobs out there)

I've resorted to keeping strict documentation of all the insanity that occurs on a daily basis at my center. I've only been at it two days. But hopefully this will save my ass and maybe someday it will help me turn this place around.

More union members (or if they wouldn't cut people and allow them to stay and help others) would mean that every employee in my hub would have a healthier less abused body.

Every one would get more hours. If you're familiar with Adam Smith's invisible hand theory you know that this would in turn stimulate the economy, even if it was a on a small scale.

But no. Instead they bend us straight over and :censored2: us every day. No one even flexes the 3.5 hour guarantee for some reason.

I SHOULD HAVE NEVER FILED A GRIEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johney

Uh yea what did you expect? Of course you're going to get harassment. Did you really think they would just buckle at the knees and say we're sorry we'll never do it again please don't file another grievance.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you file a grievance your supervisor gets chewed out from his bosses and since :censored2: flows downhill he will harass you. Its basically a no win situation for lower management where they have to try to bend the contract to get things done because of decisions by their bosses but they can't let themselves get caught breaking the rules.

BrownDooDoo

I expected my union rep to have my back not tell me to watch my back.

And that's exactly right. My PL Manager has done shady things for the past decade or something, and he's screwed himself into ridiculous numbers by doing that. :censored2: flows downhill and it's not the peon P/T sups I want to see get in trouble, theyre mostly good people..

But my evil PL manager has tainted everything in the building.

Oh, did I mention the PL Manager is the one I filed on for working in the primary ALL DAY LONG?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Sounds like you need a new shop steward.

Grievances don't "vanish into thin air." They're either: not being filed (steward's fault, unfair labor practice against the local), being filed and withdrawn (steward and/or business agent's fault) or have yet to be resolved (no one's fault, depending) It can often take a while to arrange a local/sort level meeting if management tries to put it off. Are you submitting a single copy or multiple copies? Typically, I have the member provide/I personally run-off 3 copies of every grievance. One goes to the local (mailed off either the night of or the day after, unless I think I can settle it in 2-3 business days), one goes to the company for their records, and one goes to the member to verify that I filed it with both my signature and the manager's signature.

Have you talked to your business agent?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Also, feel free to inbox me if you don't want to discuss specifics publicly. It sucks when someone's willing to stand up against this company and they find they don't have anyone backing them up.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Management will harass you. All of a sudden they'll be wanting to give you warning letters for things they don't warn others for, and haven't seriously disciplined you for in the past.

Your union steward will tell you to, "Watch your back".

And it goes on and on and on.
--------

My union brethren are all too blind to the fact that the CONSTANT, DAILY supervisors working violations are taking money from them and their families. Or maybe they don't care. Maybe they don't care because they just want to get the hell out of the building because....

THEYRE TIRED OF GETTING THE WORK SLAMMED DOWN THEIR THROATS WHILE MNGMNT CUTs EMPLOYEES AT THE START OF THE DAY EVERY DAY AND SYSTEMATICALLY SENDs THE UNLOADERS HOME WITHOUT SENDING THEM TO HELP THE BELTS THEY JUST SLAMMED WITH THOUSANDS OF PACKAGES!!!!

I work in a small hub doing preload and it's totally and fully corrupt. I've been here 11 months and supervisors have worked all day every day in some area of the building.The steward collaborates with management so he has EASY days at work in turn for turning the other cheek on grievances and violations.

MY SHOP STEWARD WILL WORK HAND IN HAND WITH MY PRELOAD OPERATION MANAGER AND NOT SAY A :censored2:ING WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I PAYING UNION DUES?!?!?!?!?!

I dont care if it's 1 dollar or 20 THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!!!

Why does no one care about that. That's not a question I know the answer;

CORPORATE GREED!!!!

It's truly sickening.

Since grievances don't work (some times even vanish into thin air and the union is so weak I can't fight all by myself I don't want to loose this :censored2:ty job that's still better than most other :censored2: ASS jobs out there)

I've resorted to keeping strict documentation of all the insanity that occurs on a daily basis at my center. I've only been at it two days. But hopefully this will save my ass and maybe someday it will help me turn this place around.

More union members (or if they wouldn't cut people and allow them to stay and help others) would mean that every employee in my hub would have a healthier less abused body.

Every one would get more hours. If you're familiar with Adam Smith's invisible hand theory you know that this would in turn stimulate the economy, even if it was a on a small scale.

But no. Instead they bend us straight over and :censored2: us every day. No one even flexes the 3.5 hour guarantee for some reason.

I SHOULD HAVE NEVER FILED A GRIEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we get a weirdo lucky charm icon or not???

BrownDooDoo

Sounds like you need a new shop steward.

Grievances don't "vanish into thin air." They're either: not being filed (steward's fault, unfair labor practice against the local), being filed and withdrawn (steward and/or business agent's fault) or have yet to be resolved (no one's fault, depending) It can often take a while to arrange a local/sort level meeting if management tries to put it off. Are you submitting a single copy or multiple copies? Typically, I have the member provide/I personally run-off 3 copies of every grievance. One goes to the local (mailed off either the night of or the day after, unless I think I can settle it in 2-3 business days), one goes to the company for their records, and one goes to the member to verify that I filed it with both my signature and the manager's signature.

Have you talked to your business agent?

Yeah, my business agent is about to retire and literally doesnt give a single crap.

I've called him and visited the office. He'll show up and make a little scene, but NOTHING ever really changes. I feel completely uncomfortable with my shop steward, and from day one the guy has had some sort of issue with me. He just doesn't like me. And that's fine but that's not how a steward should act. He says he doesn't want to make a stink in the building because he's about to drive.

Then why the hell are you a steward?

I'll pm you man, I don't want to quit but I just feel lost in what to do and it's so unfair. I think all I can do is document and wait for a new BA.

Island

sorry dude, I feel like I've been in your exact situation. one time I was filing a grievance and I wrote all the details for argument on the union page, well my steward handed that page to my manager. literally. so when it went to meeting she had a lie arranged to counter all of the evidence I was trying to give the union. and my BA doesn't communicate with me. we who file have to call him all day and night and he never answers, ever, and he never mails out anything but claims he does.
honestly the people who I've met who are realizing that there is nothing but corruption in their local and their center - I've told them to find a new job. pay that doesn't keep up with inflation and gradually crappier benefits are not at all worth this amount of health-harming stress, much less actual physical on-the-job stress

BrownDooDoo

sorry dude, I feel like I've been in your exact situation. one time I was filing a grievance and I wrote all the details for argument on the union page, well my steward handed that page to my manager. literally. so when it went to meeting she had a lie arranged to counter all of the evidence I was trying to give the union. and my BA doesn't communicate with me. we who file have to call him all day and night and he never answers, ever, and he never mails out anything but claims he does.
honestly the people who I've met who are realizing that there is nothing but corruption in their local and their center - I've told them to find a new job. pay that doesn't keep up with inflation and gradually crappier benefits are not at all worth this amount of health-harming stress, much less actual physical on-the-job stress

For a lot of reasons I say I feel "stuck" at UPS but there's a lot of things someone could come back to try and counter that with.

I just feel like I shouldn't have to hate my job and deal with this stuff when it's a multi million dollar company.

If you go back and look at the first posts I was making about getting the job at UPS.....that alone speaks VOLUMES about this place.

I remember someone told me when I posted something positive....just wait, you'll see.

And now I have.

There's got to be a way to file a class action law suit or something.....I wish ALL of us state to state and center to center could get together and sue the teamsters for failure to uphold a contract. Or sue UPS....or both or something...

I'm not a lawyer I don't know how that works. All I know is that the contract means nothing in my building. I want to take the book in there and show it to my center manager and PLM and ask them What does this mean to you???? NOTHING?!

I'd love to see what they say......But I don't want to loose my job and be harassed up until they have enough to make me loose my job. I believe they've been planting misloads on me. Or saying I had more then I did....crazy I know better get my tinfoil hat....

It's not even about the money man it's the way these humans treat other humans I don't understand how they're ok with that

BrownDooDoo

Multi-billion corporation.

Well, after they get done deducting all of us *** damn union *****rd wages and health care expenses and equip etc etc I think they only make millions profit wise. But revenues are over a billion and have been breaking records for the past few years.

I could be wrong about that though....not sure. I might have misinterpreted the financial statements.

From my understanding costs have also continued to rise....supposedly. Pretty sharp increases too. Which explains why UPS definitely doesn't give a damn what kind of ******* goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Island

The company makes all that money and I can't even get a tapegun. Naturally the drivers have to hand a shredded box to a customer as a result, and then mgmt will yell at me to tape the boxes. Literally my pt sup tells people to tape stuff up and we ask him, with what tape? He just walks away.
Never sign the misload sheets. In my experience most of them tend to be from other people loading your truck with last-minute items after you leave, especially the pt sups who get handed a straggler after all the hourlies are gone.

BrownDooDoo

$4.372B net income 12/31/2013

I was wondering if 13 came out yet only looked at 12 and before sometime around this December for a class I was taking.

But yeah, we don't ever have to worry about taping up ANYTHING. The supervisors do ALL that. If it gets done at all like you said.

I don't sign the sheets but they just up and tried to give me a warning letter after I filed on my PLM. Im supposedly "protesting" the warning letter according to my steward. Whatever the hell that means.

He told me to write "I protest this" on the letter once I get it (whenver I get it....???) and that my PLM has to look into it because from the JUMP during the meeting I was saying this is untrue and ridiculous retaliation...

They also pulled me OFF the pull at the end of the day to go assist DA. So they have NO case.

BrownDooDoo

I'd like to ask anyone that takes this as serious as I do to just take a few minutes each day, and concentrate on UPS being a happy place for EVERYONE that works there.

Whatever you can imagine in your mind about UPS being better for everyone, just try to spend a few minutes visualizing and concentrating on that each day.

If we all do that, it might make a difference.

I'll do it for 2-5 minutes a day at 8:00 PM eastern time. If we all do it around the same time it might be more powerful.

I know that's sort of....unorthodox but I truly believe in the power of collective thought. So anyone on the same page let's give it a whirl....don't know what else to try really. That's just my version of "praying"

Last edited: