For the Record: Debunking Myths About the Gardena Strike

bacha29

If I were you IWBF I wouldn't put a lot faith in that conviction. Every one of you employees has the the right to due process and that includes the right to collective bargaining. But long before your employees petition for an election you will have parted ways with X because your earlier comments are a clear indication that you too are getting tired of being cuffed around by x and soon will have had enough of the second class citizen life as a contractor offers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"It appears that FedEx is up to their same old tricks of deceit and misinformation again. It is disappointing that their anti-union campaign would even go so low as to attempt to smear a police officer's integrity to uphold the law but it just goes to show that they will stop at nothing to try to stop their employees from joining the Teamsters."

Hey Joe. How many times has the BBQ Squad visited Gardena since the "unrest" began?
Geez, the only thing better would be if stomach pump Smith himself showed up to cook the food.

bbsam

Staff member
Seriously. A one day strike? In one building? Why? What did the drivers do but paint a target on their backs. Now the company has each individual over a barrel going forward for progressive discipline for any minor infraction and they can take their time "dealing with the trouble makers".

CharleyHustle

Seriously. A one day strike? In one building? Why? What did the drivers do but paint a target on their backs. Now the company has each individual over a barrel going forward for progressive discipline for any minor infraction and they can take their time "dealing with the trouble makers".

Did you read the article? FedEx shut the building down not the picketers.

You are right that you being the boss, you can "target" employees and put them "over a barrel" and discipline them all you want. But remember, when you got them bent over and are having at them for all its worth, your not going to get their sympathy if its not to your liking.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you read the article? FedEx shut the building down not the picketers.

You are right that you being the boss, you can "target" employees and put them "over a barrel" and discipline them all you want. But remember, when you got them bent over and are having at them for all its worth, your not going to get their sympathy if its not to your liking.
Whether the building was shut down or not, the strikers returned to work the next day--and nothing had changed! No concessions, no guarantees, no hope of the strike accomplishing anything.

Why not stay on strike until changes come? Because they are too easily replaced? They still are. It will now be at the company's leisure rather than at their panic.

CharleyHustle

Whether the building was shut down or not, the strikers returned to work the next day--and nothing had changed! No concessions, no guarantees, no hope of the strike accomplishing anything.

Why not stay on strike until changes come? Because they are too easily replaced? They still are. It will now be at the company's leisure rather than at their panic.

I don't know why, bend them over some more and maybe you'll get your answer. Smart or stupid, it seems that the report implies that everything they did was legal. Everyone has to start somewhere to make their lives better. Maybe it's true there is no better life at FedEx. In managements eyes, people are expendable, but even with all the people on earth there is still a finite number of them.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know why, bend them over some more and maybe you'll get your answer. Smart or stupid, it seems that the report implies that everything they did was legal. Everyone has to start somewhere to make their lives better. Maybe it's true there is no better life at FedEx. In managements eyes, people are expendable, but even with all the people on earth there is still a finite number of them.
I don't deny it was legal. I just think completely ineffective.

CharleyHustle

I don't deny it was legal. I just think completely ineffective.

Maybe, until FedEx fires one of them on some trumped up charge. Fights, are almost always preceded by posturing on both sides, trying to goad the opponent to to make a fatal misstep, for it is almost always easier to defend than attack.

Joe Nuno

You really think that way? Your wrong brother, the brothers who stood up for their rights to form their Union has more protection by National labor relation board because now they are Just Cause Employees.
FedEx better have good creditable just cause motion and not try to retaliate on them

bacha29

Joe' the efforts are well meaning but yes it will take more than a handful of guys at one barn. It will take a large number of people at a highly concentrated group of terminals as well as that group's willingness to set aside their own self interests in a united effort to effect real positive change. Sadly, in today's world those people are too few in number.

bbsam

Staff member
You really think that way? Your wrong brother, the brothers who stood up for their rights to form their Union has more protection by National labor relation board because now they are Just Cause Employees.
FedEx better have good creditable just cause motion and not try to retaliate on them
Yes. I think that way. More importantly X management thinks that way. Log book violations, faulty pretrip, safety oversight...yeah the list is long. You trust X management? You're wrong, brother.

Joe Nuno

Yes. I think that way. More importantly X management thinks that way. Log book violations, faulty pretrip, safety oversight...yeah the list is long. You trust X management? You're wrong, brother.
No I don't trust management at all, but connect your dots and cross your tee's and you'll be fine, be positive.