For the Rookies

Savvy412

I started driving this November, and just signed a loan for this house TODAY! first time home buyer.

We all talk about how :censored2:ty UPS is, but I just wanted to post this for maybe some inspiration for guys starting off. Im 30..just married and a newborn at home so this is huge for me.

I started in the warehouse 6 years ago..worked 2-3 jobs the whole time and just kept telling my self.."hard work pays off" hard work pays off..IT HAS TOO!?!? well I guess it finally did.

Keep workin kiddos!! it sucks but a lot of people work just as :censored2:ty jobs for half the pay . It could always be worse.

v745cl.jpg

Attachments

• HOUSE SOLD 4-12-16 1.jpg
    HOUSE SOLD 4-12-16 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Holydriver

I started driving this November, and just signed a loan for this house TODAY! first time home buyer.

We all talk about how :censored2:ty UPS is, but I just wanted to post this for maybe some inspiration for guys starting off. Im 30..just married and a newborn at home so this is huge for me.

I started in the warehouse 6 years ago..worked 2-3 jobs the whole time and just kept telling my self.."hard work pays off" hard work pays off..IT HAS TOO!?!? well I guess it finally did.

Keep workin kiddos!! it sucks but a lot of people work just as :censored2:ty jobs for half the pay . It could always be worse.
v745cl.jpg
Your cost of living is clearly lower than mine. That's no less than $500,000 dollars worth of home here, depending on the neighborhood it's $600k. You aren't buying that here working on that low of pay.

Anyway. Congrats, that'll be a nice little place to raise a young family. The sky is the limit bud, keep on climbing

Savvy412

Huh? I'm not very smart
He means go to a :censored2:ty neighborhood..buy a home..fix it up..then a neighbor comes..fixes it up..property value starts going up..the "ghetto people" have to move out..and a nice neighborhood begins

you now paid 80k for a house thats worth 600k in 10-15 years. Happens all the time where im from. Places that were terrible (well pretty bad) when I was a teenager..is not a "hot spot" in the city and rent is 1500 and up and houses start at 600k

gen·tri·fy
ˈjentrəˌfī/
verb
past tense: gentrified; past participle: gentrified
  1. renovate and improve (especially a house or district) so that it conforms to middle-class taste.
    • make (someone or their way of life) more refined or dignified.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
He means go to a :censored2:ty neighborhood..buy a home..fix it up..then a neighbor comes..fixes it up..property value starts going up..the "ghetto people" have to move out..and a nice neighborhood begins

you now paid 80k for a house thats worth 600k in 10-15 years. Happens all the time where im from. Places that were terrible (well pretty bad) when I was a teenager..is not a "hot spot" in the city and rent is 1500 and up and houses start at 600k

gen·tri·fy
ˈjentrəˌfī/
verb
past tense: gentrified; past participle: gentrified
  1. renovate and improve (especially a house or district) so that it conforms to middle-class taste.
    • make (someone or their way of life) more refined or dignified.
Million dollar house in my area is a dump...it's sad

Turdferguson

Just a turd

v745cl.jpg
Congratulations!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
congrats.

if you can afford to put a little extra on principle every month that is a great way to pay off early. we started with an extra 100 and worked up to an extra 500 a month.

paid off house 13 years early and saved over 135,000 in interest payments. also was able to retire early because of no more house payments.

good thread , BTW, to show young people that hard work pays off.

billerz

Congrats man, I recently started driving as well and I'm currently saving for a down payment. Wish I could afford a house like that lol, mine will probably be half the size.