For the Rookies

Savvy412

congrats.

if you can afford to put a little extra on principle every month that is a great way to pay off early. we started with an extra 100 and worked up to an extra 500 a month.

paid off house 13 years early and saved over 135,000 in interest payments. also was able to retire early because of no more house payments.

good thread , BTW, to show young people that hard work pays off.
Will try to do

wayfair

swollen member
Your cost of living is clearly lower than mine. That's no less than $500,000 dollars worth of home here, depending on the neighborhood it's $600k. You aren't buying that here working on that low of pay.

Anyway. Congrats, that'll be a nice little place to raise a young family. The sky is the limit bud, keep on climbing

A $500,000 home here would have acreage + 3,500 sq ft!!

Holydriver

A $500,000 home here would have acreage + 3,500 sq ft!!
where i grew up it would be too. where i live now its nothing. a cookie cutter house with cookie cutter neighbors that differentiate themselves from all the rest with stupid vanity plates on their same old SUVs and BMWs.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's teamwork, if you wanna make it.
image.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Your cost of living is clearly lower than mine. That's no less than $500,000 dollars worth of home here, depending on the neighborhood it's $600k. You aren't buying that here working on that low of pay.

Anyway. Congrats, that'll be a nice little place to raise a young family. The sky is the limit bud, keep on climbing
The differences in the cost of living and home prices around the country are amazing. That's about a $145k house on my side of town and $120 or less on the "bad side".