For those on ORION...

S

selfcancelsignal

It'll be coming to our center soon, so I'm wondering, what's discipline protocol for not running ODO & staying in RDO all day, everyday? Just constant harassment? Warning letters? Suspensions? I know... A lot of you will say work as directed, & depending on which route I'm on, I might. Or, I might not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It'll be coming to our center soon, so I'm wondering, what's discipline protocol for not running ODO & staying in RDO all day, everyday? Just constant harassment? Warning letters? Suspensions? I know... A lot of you will say work as directed, & depending on which route I'm on, I might. Or, I might not.

So you might work as instructed or you might not work as instructed? You are going to make the call.

That's not your call to make. I only say this because if you shut off ORION and don't even make an attempt to use it when management instructs you to, how can your steward or BA defend against a warning letter and any further discipline?

Anyway, I heard rumors about warning letters but have yet to see them. Most places are only mandating 85%. Hard to give a failure to work as instructed warning letter when there is no way to tell what percentage you are running.

You may be a different story if you shut it off and just run RDO all day.

Once everyone is on ORION, things may change.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1) There are over a dozen threads on this.
2) They don't know when you toggle RDO/ODO but obviously if you don't hit the mileage and/or 85% compliance you'll have to listen to them whine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We keep getting the "keep it over 85%" speech every AM. Kind of hard to do when we get out of the building later and later.

JackStraw

Like anything new at UPS, for the first couple months they were harping on it everyday. 85%, mileage, etc. Now the only thing we hear is Orion 1st stop. When you go on your ORION rides,(there are two of them, more if you can't hit the miles) I suggest that no matter how screwed up it is, you try to follow it 100%. This will mean driving past stops to get to another, delivering the same street in different time zones, making multiple left turns, going into the middle of your truck(remember,work safely and move any boxes out of the way to give yourself egress) to get a couple stops. Don't try to "Beat Orion". Let it beat itself. We have guys that follow it 90%, and we have guys that turn it off from the get-go. And remember. "NOBODY is smarter than Orion"

neiko

Just stay in 85% range or close to it . On some days I turn it off and I still get close to 80%. As long as u are trying to keep with it they cant mess with u . There are ways to get around it so it doesnt seem so stupid . And if u do follow it to a t your miles will go up. U are gonna break it everyday cause no matter what rte u do u are gonna have a big pickup bulk rte orion wants u to deliver at pickup time . So just roll with it .

So you might work as instructed or you might not work as instructed? You are going to make the call.

That's not your call to make. I only say this because if you shut off ORION and don't even make an attempt to use it when management instructs you to, how can your steward or BA defend against a warning letter and any further discipline?

Anyway, I heard rumors about warning letters but have yet to see them. Most places are only mandating 85%. Hard to give a failure to work as instructed warning letter when there is no way to tell what percentage you are running.

You may be a different story if you shut it off and just run RDO all day.

Once everyone is on ORION, things may change.
Why not just run it 100%??

Like anything new at UPS, for the first couple months they were harping on it everyday. 85%, mileage, etc. Now the only thing we hear is Orion 1st stop. When you go on your ORION rides,(there are two of them, more if you can't hit the miles) I suggest that no matter how screwed up it is, you try to follow it 100%. This will mean driving past stops to get to another, delivering the same street in different time zones, making multiple left turns, going into the middle of your truck(remember,work safely and move any boxes out of the way to give yourself egress) to get a couple stops. Don't try to "Beat Orion". Let it beat itself. We have guys that follow it 90%, and we have guys that turn it off from the get-go. And remember. "NOBODY is smarter than Orion"
Truly a beautiful post.

OPTION3

My issue is why do guys go for the 85 crap , when you run Orion you run 100

They get mad at me but I tell them I don't know what 85% is but I do know 100% is
Bingo! People need to stop solving UPS's problems....They created the problems, They can fix it.....or not.....decreased stops or making well over 6 figures.....WIN WIN

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

File for harassment/over-supervision if you have more than 3 rides in a span of 6 months.

There are only two types of rides. OJS & yearly S/V. If the ride is not directly dealing with safety, then it's an OJS.