For those that think filing doesn't help

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.jpeg

This message was sent to anyone on the 9.5 list. Our center has continually been over dispatched and management was ignoring the weekly flow of 9.5 and 8hour violations. Since around March the employees have been fed up with over dispatching, resulting in about a 85% 9.5 list participation. The recent dollar amount that has been thrown around is 200k. The company is now being forced to unplug their ears and listen as our local is threatening to docket over 600 grievances.

Did I mention we are in a right to work state? The greivance procedure works guys, nut up or shut up. If your local is weak, force them not to be. If the troops can be mustered in a RTW state to achieve results like these, then anything is possible.

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have been on the 9.5 list for over 3 years now. Have only been violated once since then and that was because of a vehicle breakdown. The greivance procedure works if you have the balls to enforce it.
Sick of hearing from others about the excess hours they are made to work but will not use the contract language to fix it. I guess some Teamsters just like to bitch.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
View attachment 95047
This message was sent to anyone on the 9.5 list. Our center has continually been over dispatched and management was ignoring the weekly flow of 9.5 and 8hour violations. Since around March the employees have been fed up with over dispatching, resulting in about a 85% 9.5 list participation. The recent dollar amount that has been thrown around is 200k. The company is now being forced to unplug their ears and listen as our local is threatening to docket over 600 grievances.

Did I mention we are in a right to work state? The greivance procedure works guys, nut up or shut up. If your local is weak, force them not to be. If the troops can be mustered in a RTW state to achieve results like these, then anything is possible.
As a FedEx Express courier with no Union protection, I applaud you all. I've never understood all the people on here who won't fight for fair treatment for themselves. You have Union protection. Fighting may not be the easiest thing, but if everyone works together it sure makes it easier. I have to fight the fight for myself. Good luck!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm on the list too and I file. The dispatcher does watch the stop counts and will stick some of my stops on another driver that is too chicken to file. I can't understand why drivers complain about clocking out so late but are too scared to stand up for themselves. And I'm talking about drivers with twenty-plus years in.

I'm on the list too and I file. The dispatcher does watch the stop counts and will stick some of my stops on another driver that is too chicken to file. I can't understand why drivers complain about clocking out so late but are too scared to stand up for themselves. And I'm talking about drivers with twenty-plus years in.
They need two separate lists. One for those who don't want to work over 9.5 and one for the overtime whores.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 95047

Nut up or shut up... Love it!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 95047

They even used the word please... impressive!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know... It's pitiful especially for the vets.. Grow a pair !!!

clean hairy

when I filed, I was followed by my center manager the following week in his personal car, doing "safety evaluations"
so be prepared!!
Contact the Police
"there is a car following me, I do not know if this person intends to cause me harm, or if they intend to steal packages I have delivered. Could you send someone to check it out? I feel my safety may be at risk"

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Contact the Police
"there is a car following me, I do not know if this person intends to cause me harm, or if they intend to steal packages I have delivered. Could you send someone to check it out? I feel my safety may be at risk"

100% correct.

I've done this twice in my career. One of the times it was actually federal agents following me.

Get the big picture and use that to protect yourself.

wayfair

swollen member
So what? Follow the methods like you have a rider everyday and you have nothing to worry about.
I do! another driver told me about the center manager following him after he filed
File for retaliation every time something like this happen. At your hearing it will help lots
was told random "safety" observations were ok to do
If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.
I wasn't! I guess he got tired of me not doing anything unsafe for the 30 minutes he followed
Contact the Police
center manager was pretty stealth, but it was during pick-ups, and there is a lot of traffic.

Faceplanted

I do! another driver told me about the center manager following him after he filed

was told random "safety" observations were ok to do

I wasn't! I guess he got tired of me not doing anything unsafe for the 30 minutes he followed

center manager was pretty stealth, but it was during pick-ups, and there is a lot of traffic.
When was the last observation you had prior? Retaliation is easy to prove.

Such as.... You average 1 observation a year, right after you get on the list you get 3 in two months

I'm telling you brother you need to file a retaliation harassment grevience right now. If you don't it's going to get much much worse.

If everybody who got on the 9-5 list immediately got an observation and filed retaliation on that, your center manager is going to look like an idiot at your hearing. Once that idiot face is painted on him the hearing will be slam dunk for everybody.

Been there done that. You need a paper trail!!! Once your tab gets High they will start looking for a way to suspend or fire you so they can play let's make a deal at the hearing.

Last edited: