For those that think filing doesn't help

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jackburton, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

image.jpeg
    This message was sent to anyone on the 9.5 list. Our center has continually been over dispatched and management was ignoring the weekly flow of 9.5 and 8hour violations. Since around March the employees have been fed up with over dispatching, resulting in about a 85% 9.5 list participation. The recent dollar amount that has been thrown around is 200k. The company is now being forced to unplug their ears and listen as our local is threatening to docket over 600 grievances.

Did I mention we are in a right to work state? The greivance procedure works guys, nut up or shut up. If your local is weak, force them not to be. If the troops can be mustered in a RTW state to achieve results like these, then anything is possible.

• Winner x 26
    • Like x 12
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I have been on the 9.5 list for over 3 years now. Have only been violated once since then and that was because of a vehicle breakdown. The greivance procedure works if you have the balls to enforce it.
    Sick of hearing from others about the excess hours they are made to work but will not use the contract language to fix it. I guess some Teamsters just like to bitch.

3. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

when I filed, I was followed by my center manager the following week in his personal car, doing "safety evaluations"
    so be prepared!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

So what? Follow the methods like you have a rider everyday and you have nothing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

I have heard the same is going down in my state

They only notice problems when they have to pay

6. Faceplanted

File for retaliation every time something like this happen. At your hearing it will help lots

7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

As a FedEx Express courier with no Union protection, I applaud you all. I've never understood all the people on here who won't fight for fair treatment for themselves. You have Union protection. Fighting may not be the easiest thing, but if everyone works together it sure makes it easier. I have to fight the fight for myself. Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I'm on the list too and I file. The dispatcher does watch the stop counts and will stick some of my stops on another driver that is too chicken to file. I can't understand why drivers complain about clocking out so late but are too scared to stand up for themselves. And I'm talking about drivers with twenty-plus years in.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. They need two separate lists. One for those who don't want to work over 9.5 and one for the overtime whores.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I agree, some drivers want or need extra overtime, some don't want it. This is too simple of a solution, the company or union would find some reason to not do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Getting on the list was the best thing I ever done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Nut up or shut up... Love it!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Coldworld

They even used the word please... impressive!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Coldworld

I know... It's pitiful especially for the vets.. Grow a pair !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Contact the Police
    "there is a car following me, I do not know if this person intends to cause me harm, or if they intend to steal packages I have delivered. Could you send someone to check it out? I feel my safety may be at risk"

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

100% correct.

I've done this twice in my career. One of the times it was actually federal agents following me.

Get the big picture and use that to protect yourself.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I do! another driver told me about the center manager following him after he filed
    was told random "safety" observations were ok to do
    I wasn't! I guess he got tired of me not doing anything unsafe for the 30 minutes he followed
    center manager was pretty stealth, but it was during pick-ups, and there is a lot of traffic.

19. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

I just filed on 45 minutes that were missing from my check...these :censored2:s wanna play games with my money screw them

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Faceplanted

When was the last observation you had prior? Retaliation is easy to prove.

Such as.... You average 1 observation a year, right after you get on the list you get 3 in two months

I'm telling you brother you need to file a retaliation harassment grevience right now. If you don't it's going to get much much worse.

If everybody who got on the 9-5 list immediately got an observation and filed retaliation on that, your center manager is going to look like an idiot at your hearing. Once that idiot face is painted on him the hearing will be slam dunk for everybody.

Been there done that. You need a paper trail!!! Once your tab gets High they will start looking for a way to suspend or fire you so they can play let's make a deal at the hearing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016