For those that think filing doesn't help

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the response i used to hear from a lot of drivers who wouldnt file was " i don't want to put a target on my back."

and i would say , well you would rather them to keep pushing you around and bully you? I would file on a dime and they knew it. I still had problems from time to time but nothing like the people who were afraid to stick up for themselves.

managers are human too. they have a job to do . most will secretly respect you for sticking up for yourself. my center manager did not want me to retire even though i had a reputation of being a "troublemaker" that is standing up for myself. he said he always admired me for that and that they knew ( management ) where they stood with me because I spoke my mind.

so ya, stick up for yourself. in the "Big Picture" you will come out ahead.

btw . the OP should be a sticky.

the response i used to hear from a lot of drivers who wouldnt file was " i don't want to put a target on my back."

and i would say , well you would rather them to keep pushing you around and bully you? I would file on a dime and they knew it. I still had problems from time to time but nothing like the people who were afraid to stick up for themselves.

managers are human too. they have a job to do . most will secretly respect you for sticking up for yourself. my center manager did not want me to retire even though i had a reputation of being a "troublemaker" that is standing up for myself. he said he always admired me for that and that they knew ( management ) where they stood with me because I spoke my mind.

And you drove a package car for how long?
How many 9.5 grievances did you file?

Last edited:

Faceplanted

None of my managers secretly respect me. They take every grevience I file as a personal insult. They loose their temper like a little 5 year old and throw hissy fits.

They act like I'm taking money directly out of their family's bank account.

None of my managers secretly respect me. They take every grevience I file as a personal insult. They loose their temper like a little 5 year old and throw hissy fits.

Screw them. They know what's in the contract. Keep me under 9.5 or give me penalty pay.
It's their choice.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

OK. that's true also.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 95047
This message was sent to anyone on the 9.5 list. Our center has continually been over dispatched and management was ignoring the weekly flow of 9.5 and 8hour violations. Since around March the employees have been fed up with over dispatching, resulting in about a 85% 9.5 list participation. The recent dollar amount that has been thrown around is 200k. The company is now being forced to unplug their ears and listen as our local is threatening to docket over 600 grievances.

Did I mention we are in a right to work state? The greivance procedure works guys, nut up or shut up. If your local is weak, force them not to be. If the troops can be mustered in a RTW state to achieve results like these, then anything is possible.
Now if IE would approve more routes

ManInBrown

This is great to see. Problem is, your center or local is the exception. Not the rule. They don't even let us sheet MisLoads 40 miles away missed. Whether you are on the 9.5 or not. And you're sheeting your own work missed so you aren't violated. LOL. Wow. I seriously applaud your management team and your shop steward and Local. Good for you. Glad to see a management team that sticks by the contract. But this kind of has a BOG feel to it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wow. I seriously applaud your management team and your shop steward and Local. Good for you. Glad to see a management team that sticks by the contract

I'm in Local 728 the same as Jack Burton and we do have good representation in the Atlanta area. I often read on here how RTW states are put down, I just laugh to myself how clueless a lot of you are.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The stop counts are disgusting lately.
Today, we got back to the building to see our start times pushed back another 5 minutes.
Preload can't wrap for :censored2:, but get back to the air trailer at the same time.

The OP is making a great point.

ManInBrown

I'm in Local 728 the same as Jack Burton and we do have good representation in the Atlanta area. I often read on here how RTW states are put down, I just laugh to myself how clueless a lot of you are.
I don't live in a right to work state. Not even really sure what that means to be honest

Overpaid Union Thug

Days like today are what needs to be addressed in the next contract. On the 9.5 list and was over 9.5 once this week. It's the Friday before labor day so the 8 hr requests are in full swing so I get another ridiculous dispatch. Yes, the contract says they can't overload us the other two days of the week but the language has no teeth. Maybe the penalty should apply for all days over 9.5?

Overpaid Union Thug

At the last union meeting I went to our local (480) president said that we were considered one of the premier locals in the south along with you guys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The stop counts are disgusting lately.
Today, we got back to the building to see our start times pushed back another 5 minutes.
Preload can't wrap for :censored2:, but get back to the air trailer at the same time.

The OP is making a great point.
We've been told for the past month. Hey guys we are expecting heavy volume next week. We need all hands on deck.

Guess what I don't see volume drilling before Feburary sometime so maybe we need to hire some guys.