For those that think filing doesn't help

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It was just rumors about two days before he announced it at his last PCM. He was suppose to be the guy to fix some of the issues that were plaguing the center. The drivers see this kind of stuff and know it's bad when even the bleed brown management want no part of this.
Yeah think the coolaid is just about dried up for most everyone who have been here a while...

AutoZone

BrownPower
None of my managers secretly respect me. They take every grevience I file as a personal insult. They loose their temper like a little 5 year old and throw hissy fits.

They act like I'm taking money directly out of their family's bank account.
What center are you out of again? E?W? K? Word around the hub is K is completely decimated by all the drivers that took 22.3s.. any info on that?

ManInBrown

You have to run same route three days over 9.5 in a row correct?
A lot more goes into it than that. If you are a bid driver you can opt in even if your route is cut on let's say a Monday. Cover drivers have to cover the same route for a week, or at least request the route. If you are bumped one of the days, not your problem.

But when you try to opt in, they will go over the days you were over with a fine tooth comb. They will do everything they can to try to deny your opt in. Here, you usually have to grieve the opt in denial. Your Orion trace and miles have to be "up to par" the days you were violated. And a lot more of there BS also has to be "up to par"

It's not as easy as working three 10 hour days, and deciding put me on the list. I was denied a few months ago on my first try to get on. Following weeks dispatch got me on. Second times a charm. Didn't even need to grieve the denial.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's unbelievable. UPS takes two approaches here. Pay tons of money on overtime + the grievance money to go with it. Or have tons of missed as this center is doing. Apparently putting out 2 more split routes costs too much. I don't know what math they're using but the only added main cost of an additional route is the cost of getting the PC to the split locations. Either way, someone is running the stops once on location.
Forget the added benefits for more drivers...the drivers are already on the books sitting at home. UPS math says that it is cheaper to pay 8 drivers and extra hour of overtime each day than to pay another driver to come in and run that 8 hours of stops at straight time. I know it's all not as simplistic as this, but not far off.

Your missing the hidden cost of health and welfare payments (up to 40 reg hours) to the union.
That is what is keeping UPS from hiring and putting drivers on the road.
They feel the extra OT negates putting another driver on.
Total BS

What kills me is that you have young drivers going through progression.
This is a goldmine of cheaper labor to be used at their will, BUT NO they are fixated on the HW payments.
These drivers stay home while the guys making bank are run through the gauntlet.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I also can't believe they're so free with sheeting missed. One missed in my center and it's the end of the world.

I would believe that this is to show the Division and IE that their route planning is WAY OFF.
I do give credit to the management team on doing this, but this erodes the flimsy service that we've been forced to provide our customers.
I have businesses on cutback days that are getting their packages late afternoon.
These are the same ones I deliver before noon or with my air. Unacceptable.

Corporate UPS has been so blinded by IE projections and logarithms that THEY are ruining our shield.
We are to provide service that our customers can count on (back in the day they knew exactly when we'd be around)
Now we provide service WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT. Delivering factories at 3pm, houses after 8, 15 minute pickup windows have turned into 30 minute ones on Orion.

I believe a business should be able to cut costs and UPS should be able to make as much money as it can.
But this push with Orion to destroy routes is going to destroy our company and lose our customers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I would believe that this is to show the Division and IE that their route planning is WAY OFF.
I do give credit to the management team on doing this, but this erodes the flimsy service that we've been forced to provide our customers.
I have businesses on cutback days that are getting their packages late afternoon.
These are the same ones I deliver before noon or with my air. Unacceptable.

Corporate UPS has been so blinded by IE projections and logarithms that THEY are ruining our shield.
We are to provide service that our customers can count on (back in the day they knew exactly when we'd be around)
Now we provide service WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT. Delivering factories at 3pm, houses after 8, 15 minute pickup windows have turned into 30 minute ones on Orion.

I believe a business should be able to cut costs and UPS should be able to make as much money as it can.
But this push with Orion to destroy routes is going to destroy our company and lose our customers.
Oh hell yes their route planning is off... The thing about it is if our routes were reasonable they would have to add so many routes throughout the country that it would make some bean counters head spin Everyone knows no numbers are scam there a damn Ponzi scheme...for them people who think that the company doesn't manipulate the numbers they're full of :censored2:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What center are you out of again? E?W? K? Word around the hub is K is completely decimated by all the drivers that took 22.3s.. any info on that?

Didn't you go full time 4 months ago? I thought you were on here bragging how we were all wrong??

Got your 30 in yet??

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Oh hell yes their route planning is off... The thing about it is if our routes were reasonable they would have to add so many routes throughout the country that it would make some bean counters head spin Everyone knows no numbers are scam there a damn Ponzi scheme...for them people who think that the company doesn't manipulate the numbers they're full of :censored2:

UPS is the probably the only company in America that hides and fudges its own numbers from themselves.

Cut routes back in the morning then look like the Keystone Cops in the evening like some high school drop-out's startup pizza delivery company.
The solutions are simple but instead of serving the customers the right way now, we will keep on losing them to Amazon's new service and the usual suspects.

The only way UPS can make more money is by turning us into a freight company. We've all seen the excessive amount of Over 70's.
Drivers, nor our packed routes, are made to deliver 130 lb. items. Nor should a driver drag a 12 ft rug that can't safely be handcarted.
75% of the time, they're damaged by our own system.

Honestly, I haven't even been asked about sales leads in 5 years.
How is this sustainable ? I was looking forward to a strong pension when I retire.
Now, I plug money away in my 401K because I'm scared this company isn't going back to the one that shined for a 100 years.

UPS is the probably the only company in America that hides and fudges its own numbers from themselves.

Cut routes back in the morning then look like the Keystone Cops in the evening like some high school drop-out's startup pizza delivery company.
The solutions are simple but instead of serving the customers the right way now, we will keep on losing them to Amazon's new service and the usual suspects.

The only way UPS can make more money is by turning us into a freight company. We've all seen the excessive amount of Over 70's.
Drivers, nor our packed routes, are made to deliver 130 lb. items. Nor should a driver drag a 12 ft rug that can't safely be handcarted.
75% of the time, they're damaged by our own system.

Honestly, I haven't even been asked about sales leads in 5 years.
How is this sustainable ? I was looking forward to a strong pension when I retire.
Now, I plug money away in my 401K because I'm scared this company isn't going back to the one that shined for a 100 years.
Amen