For What Its Worth

JustTired

free at last.......
My solution to part-time wages is this:

1. When hired in, give them the option of having benefits or not having them. Those that choose not to (college student,etc.), raise the starting wage. Give them a one time chance to reverse that decision should their situation change some time in the future.

2. For the college student..... the company loans them the money for the union initiation fee with the understanding that if they are still working (haven't quit) 6 mos. later, the loan will be forgiven. Most students who work really need that money and it is really discouraging when they get their check and see the net amount.

This would probably go a long way in retaining these people and at least slow down the revolving door of part-time employment.

As for the bonuses (if they're being offered)......I'll take mine in wages as opposed to a lump sum. I find it hard to believe there is any truth to it, anyway.

The only way I would believe it.... is if there is a proposal for the company to get out of Teamster pensions attached.

UPS Lifer

It's been mentioned to me that bonuses are a thing of the past. Reason being that our union dues are set upon a % of our hourly rate as friend/t drivers. If the hourly rate goes up, so does our dues. Union gets no additional dues $ for bonuses.

That's the nice thing about negotiations! Never say never until it is written in stone and brought down the mountain by Moses!

ups_vette

Vette your not managing your center today coming on here at 154 in the afternoon on ups's dime now are you?

Its probably so she can work next to a warm hearted sup like yourself!
red....When you're as beloved and respected as a manager, as I am, by the people who work for you, there is no need for me to be in my Center at this time.

When all my drivers run an hour, or more, under allowed, and no driver works more than 8.5 hours a day, the Center runs itself, leaving me free to play golf and read Brown Cafe.

Before you refer to westsideworma as a she, you should verify the gender of that person. Although I'm sure, regardless of westside's gender, he ,or she, would love working for a warm hearted manager such as myself.

705red

Browncafe Steward
red....When you're as beloved and respected as a manager, as I am, by the people who work for you, there is no need for me to be in my Center at this time.

When all my drivers run an hour, or more, under allowed, and no driver works more than 8.5 hours a day, the Center runs itself, leaving me free to play golf and read Brown Cafe.

Before you refer to westsideworma as a she, you should verify the gender of that person. Although I'm sure, regardless of westside's gender, he ,or she, would love working for a warm hearted manager such as myself.
Dont forget that you have the ability to attend birthday parties, graduations, sport functions, etc, those that we the drivers get screwed out of attending by those warm hearted management types you spew about!

Griff

Keep dreaming. No center in the USA runs like this, especially if it's headed up by a mongoloid like yourself.

Raw

Raw Member
No UPS employee should be talking about the up-coming contract on this site as negotiators on the other side are surely reading this and will know just how little to compensate us.