For you retirees, You've got to watch Aetna.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Oregon retired life is going great! We are settling into our house. However, main topic of this new thread is our dental insurance. Don't know if non retirees have this issue, but a couple of days ago, my wife and I got a denied claim for some routine dental work our daughter had done this last month in NYC. Seems all the team care dental claims had trouble with their group and ID numbers. They are sending us new cards to rectify the problem, but we had to notice the problem via the denied claim. Customer Service rep. said all the UPS dental claim (group and ID numbers)had to be changed, IE updated. Has anyone else had this happen? Everybody needs to check their claim forms carefully and call the 800 number with any problems!

rod

Retired 22 years
2 questions:

You're retired and you still have dental insurance? Not so in Central states -lose dental and eye when you retire here.

You're retired and you still have dental insurance on a kid? Unheard of here.

TBH

2 questions:

You're retired and you still have dental insurance? Not so in Central states -lose dental and eye when you retire here.

You're retired and you still have dental insurance on a kid? Unheard of here.
Yes we do have dental insurance through Aetna. I do pay higher deductibles and premiums now under team care. By law now under the affordable care act(ie Obama Care) she is covered under my plan now until she turns 26, 4 more months.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes we do have dental insurance through Aetna. I do pay higher deductibles and premiums now under team care. By law now under the affordable care act(ie Obama Care) she is covered under my plan now until she turns 26, 4 more months.

knock on wood

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I haven't used either dental or vision since I retired. I was under the impression that I had both. I will do some research. I try and take care of my teeth since I don't like sitting in a dentist chair. lol

TBH

I haven't used either dental or vision since I retired. I was under the impression that I had both. I will do some research. I try and take care of my teeth since I don't like sitting in a dentist chair. lol
Yea, who does like being in a dentist chair. I hate root canals! Luckily, I have pretty good teeth also. Let me know results of your research. I'm curious about dental benefits for retirees in your neck of the woods.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I got an insurance card since I retired and it has most of the benefits and phone numbers all on the one card. On the front it has my Teamcare #, US imaging for x-rays and CVS caremark for drugs prescriptions. On the back of the card it has Quest Diagnostics for bloodwork, Humana for dental benefits, Eyemed for vision and Mayo Clinic for dial-a-doc. Hope this is helpful.

TBH

I got an insurance card since I retired and it has most of the benefits and phone numbers all on the one card. On the front it has my Teamcare #, US imaging for x-rays and CVS caremark for drugs prescriptions. On the back of the card it has Quest Diagnostics for bloodwork, Humana for dental benefits, Eyemed for vision and Mayo Clinic for dial-a-doc. Hope this is helpful.
Thank You sir! It is. Your bennies sound similar to ours.

downtime8763

I retired in 2011 (aetna) and my eye and dental have not changed at least so far. Prescription is another story as it went from 0 to $4-$6 per,a former coworker retired last year with teamcare and he is not happy as pays about $200 more per mo than me for him and his wife!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I retired in 2011 (aetna) and my eye and dental have not changed at least so far. Prescription is another story as it went from 0 to $4-$6 per,a former coworker retired last year with teamcare and he is not happy as pays about $200 more per mo than me for him and his wife!

Same here. I'm not on TeamCare. My eye plan actually went back to the old plan I had when I was an active employee, which is the better plan by far. Dental is still the same as my old plan, which is truly a fantastic plan. Medical is such a pain in the ass with the $400.00 deductible and we pay 20% of prescriptions which in my wife's and my case, adds up to quite a bit. We stocked up on prescriptions just before the old plan went bye bye and still we're using those drugs. Our neurologist told us to disregard the "good till" date on the bottles so we stocked up so much on oxycodone that we are good for another 2 years or so. We both get bad migraines when the barometric pressure changes so rapidly here in the desert. Thought about moving, but we love it so much here. Besides, we have an army of pills!

BTW, for those of you still active workers and if you get migraines real bad go to a good neurologist and ask him about the Botox injections for your headaches. We would still be doing that but now we would have to pay 20% which comes out to the tune of $300.00 for each of us every three months, so we stopped doing it. It works really well. Just expensive as hell, $1500.00 a pop.

rod

Retired 22 years
Has anyone ever got their drugs (prescription) from across the border (Mexico)? My wife had $3,000 worth of dental work done ( cost us $750 there) after I retired and she has had no problems at all with it. Our local dentist told her they did a great job.