Forced Leads Lead-on

SmithBarney

There are two basic couriers when it comes to leads:
Mome people can't be bothered with leads(or run nearly pure resi routes)
And others who are in growth areas and can actually find leads...but honestly that doesn't happen much.

FEDEX is trying to create a third:
They want leads no matter what, even if you don't contact anyone or even if the company has no interest.

Falsifying leads is horrible business, if they want a bunch of random businesses that SALES can cold call, then they should get a phone book and start calling. Which I'm sure companies are really glad to get cold calls from FDX

Don't get me wrong leads will help business, and good leads will get turned in. Lead-on is a joke I know a CRR who turned in a million dollar account(per year) and she got a $50 payout.. I get one BZ a month for $50.

I don't know where I'm going with this but anyone else have there senior manager waiting at the station for leads? I just say sorry had 160 resi stops today, no time to get a lead...

bacha29

X has salesmen who get paid a good buck, health insurance, a pension a company car,an expense account . That's why I leave it up to them to gat off their lazy ass and get out there and find their own accounts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I'm forced to get a lead, I assure you it will be the most worthless, time consuming lead on the planet.

Me too. It's always a strip club, dive bar, or some customer that absolutely hates FedEx. That way, I know I'm wasting the sales reps time. No donut for me.

BigTex61

I do my best to cost Fedex money every chance I get, along with most of my co workers. It's our duty to help keep margins low.

bacha29

I like allof your responses. As I said earlier get out andsign up your own accounts. How much of their work should we be expected to do for them?

It will be fine

I will tell you that if I were a Ground driver I would be turning in leads left and right.

Of course they would be shocked as mine would not be written in crayon.
You'd be surprised. They've slashed compensation for pieces so much we don't want new pickups. I dread the calls when they say I have a new pickup with 100 pieces a day. It's going to cost more time and space on the truck than it's worth. I always say ups does great work to those customers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You'd be surprised. They've slashed compensation for pieces so much we don't want new pickups. I dread the calls when they say I have a new pickup with 100 pieces a day. It's going to cost more time and space on the truck than it's worth. I always say ups does great work to those customers.

WUT?? Has Fred effed you in the pooper too?

It will be fine

WUT?? Has Fred effed you in the pooper too?
You know it. Bunch of bean counters don't understand the money they leave on table screwing us on piece payment. They see short term profit increase. They don't see my people throwing away their contact info when they ask how to switch over to FedEx.

DontThrowPackages

Can remember, 15 years ago, batching 100+ airbills at least 3 times a week. If one batch was missed it was an OLCC. But for someone who only batches 7 a day, I thought how unfair. I was at greater odds to miss but no concessions were made. This was back when they'd say the 56 should be no more than 5 minutes. Management didn't care if a driver had 1 batch or 300. They counted the same. Today the route has change and I went from pupping about 500 pieces a day to about 80. Its much better to pup 80 pieces and 10 to 15 ABs on average a day. I know it's better for business to pup more, obviously, but there's no reward other that the same pay the person pupping 40 pieces a day is getting.

dex 84

Not a fan of the lead on program. I just wish they would start us earlier when the lead on agent comes in so when she rambles on for too long about nothing it doesn't make the sort start late.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Told 'em I'd be happy to turn in leads the day the sales staff puts on a uniform, gets in a delivery vehicle and helps us deliver this crap.

outtatime

Can remember, 15 years ago, batching 100+ airbills at least 3 times a week. If one batch was missed it was an OLCC. But for someone who only batches 7 a day, I thought how unfair. I was at greater odds to miss but no concessions were made. This was back when they'd say the 56 should be no more than 5 minutes. Management didn't care if a driver had 1 batch or 300. They counted the same. Today the route has change and I went from pupping about 500 pieces a day to about 80. Its much better to pup 80 pieces and 10 to 15 ABs on average a day. I know it's better for business to pup more, obviously, but there's no reward other that the same pay the person pupping 40 pieces a day is getting.

I believe you're supposed to batch all the AB's after your last stop but before heading in for the night. Hence the reason only 5 minutes for the 056. It's been a long time since I was on a PM route so I could be mistaken.