Forced Lunchs

upshamilton

Recently we have been told that we are to record a 15 minute lunch in our board. I for one don't stop and if I do I eat I can use a break to do that. Why are they reverting back to this policy and is it even legal for them to force me to put the time in?

Recently we have been told that we are to record a 15 minute lunch in our board. I for one don't stop and if I do I eat I can use a break to do that. Why are they reverting back to this policy and is it even legal for them to force me to put the time in?
You should take your lunch everyday.

tieguy

Banned
15 mins? thats it?

We have quite a few lunch threads here. Short answer is UPS is legally required to ensure you take your lunch.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Check your local state laws and your local cantract supplement. Here our language states that: "Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the thurd and sixth hour of work." Article 18 of the Central Region Supplement

The Milkman

Because Peak is over and it is time to get back to nit picking the Drivers:sick:

705red

Browncafe Steward
You have people being laid off, routes getting busted out, and you want to work through your lunch? I truly hope your the next 1 to get laid off so you can "get the big picture", your only a number and are easily replaced!!!!

Take your lunch so you dont have to come back here and start another crying thread on why did I get laid off or my route get busted out.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In most states it is a 30 min unpaid lunch. State laws over ride the contract. Yes, UPS can force you to take a lunch, just look what happened in CA. Around here, not entering your lunch is a terminable offense. My opinion, I agree with Red. I hope you are the next one on lay-off.

ikoi62

You have people being laid off, routes getting busted out, and you want to work through your lunch? I truly hope your the next 1 to get laid off so you can "get the big picture", your only a number and are easily replaced!!!!

Take your lunch so you dont have to come back here and start another crying thread on why did I get laid off or my route get busted out.

++++++1

The Milkman

Newbies always think they are helping the company when in fact they are sticking it to themselves and others:surprised:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Those very same people will be at work an hour early going thru the truck setting it up stop for stop. What does it take for people to realize that if every one of them stopped all the free work there would be 2 more drivers hired in every center to cover the 9.5 grievances. Come on people wake up and smell the coffee. You better start taking care or you because no one else is going to!!

The Milkman

Those very same people will be at work an hour early going thru the truck setting it up stop for stop. What does it take for people to realize that if every one of them stopped all the free work there would be 2 more drivers hired in every center to cover the 9.5 grievances. Come on people wake up and smell the coffee. You better start taking care or you because no one else is going to!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! There is one in every ctr......:angry:

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm not really going to get into this, but personally I'd find it hard to take a 15 minute lunch, so short it's not really worth it. 30-60 minutes, sure plenty of time to eat and relax a little, but 15 to me falls into the "why bother" category.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm not a lunch person, either. So, instead of eating, go shopping after you bring the truck back. There has to be a Walmart or Sam's near your center. Or a good bar. You can go have a beer and play quick-draw for all I care. Just take your lunch!!!!!!
And don't drink and drive.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm not a lunch person, either. So, instead of eating, go shopping after you bring the truck back. There has to be a Walmart or Sam's near your center. Or a good bar. You can go have a beer and play quick-draw for all I care. Just take your lunch!!!!!!
And don't drink and drive.
That's not such a good idea if you wish to keep your job. Just ask Klein.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Take your lunch during the time outlined in the contract, it could make a huge difference in busting out routes. When I get a split I take my lunch and in many cases I need pick up help because I still have deliveries left, now If i took my lunch at the end of the day I would be able to complete most of that work by myself. Why???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Take your lunch during the time outlined in the contract, it could make a huge difference in busting out routes. When I get a split I take my lunch and in many cases I need pick up help because I still have deliveries left, now If i took my lunch at the end of the day I would be able to complete most of that work by myself. Why???
I'm assuming you were going for the rhetorical 'why'. LOL

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I don't work, they dispatch 30-40 more stops on my route. Just sayin'.