Forced military testing in america's schools

Catatonic

Nine Lives

A bit of a stretch to say it is forced.

The recruiter would use these scores to eliminate people that do not have the skills for the military or to approach a person that has the skills the military is in need of.

Additionally, the student can see the scores and talk with their counselor about future career concentrations.

This hopefully helps the US National government save money while helping the student get a better idea of what they should do in life.

I really don't see this as a big deal but it is good that people are pushing back on this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

804, have you ever taken the ASVAB? I have and found it to be an excellent tool for measuring one's aptitude and, as Hoke said, gives the student another option, especially those students who may be on the fence about pursuing a post secondary education.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't have a problem with offering ASVAB testing to high school students as long as it's voluntary. If students are actually being required to take it then yes that's a problem.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The more the merrier. Take as many aptitude tests that are available. Kids usually don't know what they want and if a test can find the hidden talents...great! Forced or not, they get out of regular class and that's all that counts for todays high schoolers.