Forced onto an Air Route

Jhansen

P/T cover driver here, and I've been working as one for a good 4 years. The last two weeks management has been forcing me to deliver airs instead of taking my normal routes. While leaving yesterday, I caught them allowing another P/T Cover Driver with less seniority take a route I usually cover. I was offered a route today, but again forced into the air route. Can I file a grievance on this? I normally drive full time, 5 days a week.

P/T cover driver here, and I've been working as one for a good 4 years. The last two weeks management has been forcing me to deliver airs instead of taking my normal routes. While leaving yesterday, I caught them allowing another P/T Cover Driver with less seniority take a route I usually cover. I was offered a route today, but again forced into the air route. Can I file a grievance on this? I normally drive full time, 5 days a week.
Are you losing hourly rate? And total hours?

Overpaid Union Thug

File. It's a slam dunk case.

Dr.Brownz

Yep you have more seniority you are entitled to more work if you want it. Be on your game after though, harassment may come. Don't be afraid to file harassment grievances too if you have too. :censored2: um, they can follow the contract or bite my bird

Thebrownstreak

They tried to pull that on me. I did it for 3 days because I simply didn't want to work (hottest week in mid August). They then said doing 3 days in a row was me accepting the air bid. We have a very strong union steward who went to bat for me and they still said it was my "bid"....that I signed up for it. Never signed anything. So this goes on for 2 weeks. Me working basically 2-2 1/2 hours a day. Grievance ended up winning with time and a half for 8/hr/day X 2 weeks. ....

Long story short. ..FILE

Dr.Brownz

They tried to pull that on me. I did it for 3 days because I simply didn't want to work (hottest week in mid August). They then said doing 3 days in a row was me accepting the air bid. We have a very strong union steward who went to bat for me and they still said it was my "bid"....that I signed up for it. Never signed anything. So this goes on for 2 weeks. Me working basically 2-2 1/2 hours a day. Grievance ended up winning with time and a half for 8/hr/day X 2 weeks. ....

Long story short. ..FILE

FILE and always get full back pay

Made the mistake to not get back pay once, will never do it again

UPSGUY72

Hold on, he is a PT cover driver he isn't guaranteed any driving hours. If they are paying him his PT driving rate and not air rate he really has no grievance... There could be a seniority grievance if less seniority PT cover driver are doing cover work for more hours...

Hold on, he is a PT cover driver he isn't guaranteed any driving hours. If they are paying him his PT driving rate and not air rate he really has no grievance... There could be a seniority grievance if less seniority PT cover driver are doing cover work for more hours...
He said he was only working a few hours at his regular rate. An employee with less seniority is working a full day.