Forced Satellite route

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mikeyb, Jun 2, 2015.

1. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

Hey guys.I just went full time a while back and about a month after I went full time, the routes all went up for bid. All were bid with the exception of one satellite route. A higher seniority (cover) driver had been running it and loved it but didn't bid it because of having to drive 60 miles a day to get to and from the route location.

So, being the low person, I was forced. I've been running it all this time and have gotten used to it and I've settled in pretty well. I wasn't sure I'd like it but now i am enjoying a few perks to being on satellite. Now, the other driver has decided that he wants to get back on it and all this time.

I didn't actually bid the route because I was told that when someone else was hired, they could be forced. Can he do this? Even after he passes it up and i was forced on it? I guess if I want to stay on it, I should go ahead and bid it to secure, right? Thoughts?

2. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

If you were forced on it, because a bid sheet went up and no one signed it, it is your route and he cannot take it from you until bids go back up. If a bid never went up then he can bump you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Once the bid sheet was pulled down the low man (You) was assigned the unbidded route. It is your route.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

He says he didn't actually bid the route, would that mean he was assigned it?

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep. When everyone passed it up he was given the route. Making it his bid route.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

FFS.

Read your contract. It is covered there, including local practices.