forced to go back to a job that they did away with over 5 years ago

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by pdall22.3, Jan 26, 2015.

1. pdall22.3

pdall22.3 New Member

I am a 22.3 at pdall building and they did away with my bid job over 5 years ago now they say I have to go back to that bid job. I thought that if they did away with the bid job and put you somewhere else and you were there over 30 days that became your job true? Now I can't get a dot card because of a work related injury they have told me that I can't work. have tried calling HR nothing yet and the boss will not put in a vacation for me what do I do?.

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I would have thought after 5 years the job would have to be bid just like a new job.

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Really does depend on your local supplement. Rather than talking to HR, you should be talking to your BA.

4. beavis

beavis Member

Depending on your local but i believe you have the right to take over your old job but shouldnt be obligated to.

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We had a feeder guy that lost his feeder bid and went back to his package route. The guy that was holding the route grieved it and lost. I thought the feeder guy had been out of package for more than 3 years, but it has been a very long time and memory and all that.....

6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Since he is unqualified for the old job , they must find him another job .
    Me thinks there is more to this tale .