forced to take 4x10

Hatch76

hi all,

just wondering if any of you Express people are being forced to take 4x10 routes. we have several 5x8 routes that are getting pickup routes added to them. all the drivers whose routes are being converted to 4x10 want to stay 5x8, but there are other drivers that would like to be a 4x10. however mgmt said that there would not be a rebid and that policy says they can convert any 5x8 to a 4x10 if the need is there, so everyone is pretty screwed. wondering if thats going on at other stations too

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
hi all,

just wondering if any of you Express people are being forced to take 4x10 routes. we have several 5x8 routes that are getting pickup routes added to them. all the drivers whose routes are being converted to 4x10 want to stay 5x8, but there are other drivers that would like to be a 4x10. however mgmt said that there would not be a rebid and that policy says they can convert any 5x8 to a 4x10 if the need is there, so everyone is pretty screwed. wondering if thats going on at other stations too

Happening everywhere. IMO, it's much better to be on a 4x10 than be 5 days with a massive split or an early PM start. We're all pretty much screwed these days. Don't give them anything you don't have to....screw them back at every opportunity.

LTFedExer

wondering if thats going on at other stations too
Yes, started about 3 years ago. In the 1st loop it happened to was a 30 year driver. There's 1 loop I would love to see it happen to. The Prima Donnas walk around like they own the place, even though 2/3 have less seniority than me.

newgirl

My station, too. They get around the rebid by not posting too many routes. I wish someone in Cali would fight that LOL.

They really need to make some mgrs 4/10.

zapmail

It is a scam designed to eliminate all over time. You will receive 10 hours pay for sick days and vacation days and personal days and floating holidays. But be prepared to milk the clock and get your 2 hours back for all regular holidays you only receive 8 hours pay.

Goldilocks

It is a scam designed to eliminate all over time. You will receive 10 hours pay for sick days and vacation days and personal days and floating holidays. But be prepared to milk the clock and get your 2 hours back for all regular holidays you only receive 8 hours pay.

Wow, thats not good...

Rhoderunner

Thought for a major shift change like this you could refuse and become displaced ??? We went thru this a while back and I recall some guys doing just that and bumping the lowest 8 hour guys from their route.

FedUpRTD

I don't believe that is true unless they have changed the rules in the last 10 years. I used to be 4x10 and all sick days, vacation days and holidays were paid at the rate of 8 hours per day.

XFILED

I don't believe that is true unless they have changed the rules in the last 10 years. I used to be 4x10 and all sick days, vacation days and holidays were paid at the rate of 8 hours per day.

I agree with you...I was 4x10 for my for first 10 years and everything was paid out at 8 hours except once or twice a sick call was paid at 10 hours...

Last edited:

Hatch76

their also trying to move a 4x10 cover driver to run other routes that she doesn't know since some of the existing 4x10 rts are going back to 5x8; not sure if that's legit though. is there a way to look at the policy manual online (not from work, we only have 2 terminals and "someone" is always around)

vantexan

Where is Mr. Secret Agent Man, anyway? I figured he'd be here for the Shocktober Surprise.

He's working on the decoder ring for the double secret insider documents he's obtained showing Express employees will have to do station janitor work if they want to keep their guarantee.:vacuumsm: