forced to take 4x10

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's working on the decoder ring for the double secret insider documents he's obtained showing Express employees will have to do station janitor work if they want to keep their guarantee.:vacuumsm:

Don't give Smith any ideas or you'll be scrubbing toilets.

vantexan

Did the announcement last week contain anything that he said we were going to be hit with?

None that I can think of. Obviously they are going to try to greatly reduce OT due to lower volume. But I suspect the main reason R1a has been pushing all of this is he holds a grudge against FedEx concerning his employment there. If he can get people to quit and cause FedEx problems it will give him some sense of revenge. Just speculation. I think most people on this forum, myself included, hold grudges against the company, with justification. He takes it to another level though.

LTFedExer

None that I can think of. Obviously they are going to try to greatly reduce OT due to lower volume. But I suspect the main reason R1a has been pushing all of this is he holds a grudge against FedEx concerning his employment there. If he can get people to quit and cause FedEx problems it will give him some sense of revenge. Just speculation. I think most people on this forum, myself included, hold grudges against the company, with justification. He takes it to another level though.
He's smarter than that. If posting on here talks 1000 couriers nationwide to quit, it's a such a small amount, it wouldn't cause any problems. There's PLENTY of PT CRR's, handlers, etc just waiting for FT routes to open up, they'd be filled in no time flat even if a significant number do quit/retire.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's smarter than that. If posting on here talks 1000 couriers nationwide to quit, it's a such a small amount, it wouldn't cause any problems. There's PLENTY of PT CRR's, handlers, etc just waiting for FT routes to open up, they'd be filled in no time flat even if a significant number do quit/retire.

I don't think R1a is about vengeance. Rather, he's about education, as in opening eyes to what FedEx is really all about, and the need to organize to fight them. Even though FedEx has become a revolving door for personnel, there are still people who want to work here, at least until they find out what it's really like.

vantexan

If posting here causes thousands of couriers to have a bad attitude about their job it'll give FedEx headaches. And don't forget it costs serious money to hire and train every courier. He has consistently told people they need to quit before FedEx throws them out, that FedEx will make their jobs a living hell. There were posters on here who were convinced FedEx was going to lay them off this month after the announcement. And if anyone suggested we be cautious and wait to see how things unfold he would attack them personally. He claimed to have seen internal documents detailing draconian plans, but the announcement sounded pretty mundane. We already know the job isn't what it used to be. We already know there will be little opportunity for OT. He portrayed a corporate conspiracy to not only ruin us financially but to wreck us emotionally in the process. I just hope a 1000 couriers didn't heed his advice. Then again, maybe HE'S an insider, sent to scare off enough people so that FedEx won't have to resort to layoffs. Nah, I think he's another Unabomber, lashing out at FedEx for not seeing his brilliance.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If posting here causes thousands of couriers to have a bad attitude about their job it'll give FedEx headaches. And don't forget it costs serious money to hire and train every courier. He has consistently told people they need to quit before FedEx throws them out, that FedEx will make their jobs a living hell. There were posters on here who were convinced FedEx was going to lay them off this month after the announcement. And if anyone suggested we be cautious and wait to see how things unfold he would attack them personally. He claimed to have seen internal documents detailing draconian plans, but the announcement sounded pretty mundane. We already know the job isn't what it used to be. We already know there will be little opportunity for OT. He portrayed a corporate conspiracy to not only ruin us financially but to wreck us emotionally in the process. I just hope a 1000 couriers didn't heed his advice. Then again, maybe HE'S an insider, sent to scare off enough people so that FedEx won't have to resort to layoffs. Nah, I think he's another Unabomber, lashing out at FedEx for not seeing his brilliance.

I trust R1a, and most of his information has been right on the money. We've been standing around "waiting for things to unfold" for years, and where has that gotten us? Nowhere. Fred may have had to back-off some from his plans due to massive worker angst and unhappiness...at least for now. I have zero doubt that everything prophesized about Ground and the impending changes will eventually take place. I don't know about your district, but mine is extremely short-handed and there have been many operational problems. A lot of people have quit or been fired, no doubt due to implementation of "The Plan". There isn't anyone left to layoff. In fact, we are hiring...but all PT.

Your personal issues with R1a aside, he has been a steady source of excellent information about what's happening at Express. The announcement was mundane because Smith didn't want to rock an already foundering boat. The decision to keep XS for now may have also been a last-minute change of plan...we don't know. What we do know is what a cluster :censored2: Express has become, and that isn't likely to change very soon.

vantexan

I trust R1a, and most of his information has been right on the money. We've been standing around "waiting for things to unfold" for years, and where has that gotten us? Nowhere. Fred may have had to back-off some from his plans due to massive worker angst and unhappiness...at least for now. I have zero doubt that everything prophesized about Ground and the impending changes will eventually take place. I don't know about your district, but mine is extremely short-handed and there have been many operational problems. A lot of people have quit or been fired, no doubt due to implementation of "The Plan". There isn't anyone left to layoff. In fact, we are hiring...but all PT.

Your personal issues with R1a aside, he has been a steady source of excellent information about what's happening at Express. The announcement was mundane because Smith didn't want to rock an already foundering boat. The decision to keep XS for now may have also been a last-minute change of plan...we don't know. What we do know is what a cluster :censored2: Express has become, and that isn't likely to change very soon.

I imagine if you are in a hard hit area economically that the lack of volume has caused FedEx to be a lot harsher than if you were in an area where the economy has been fairly stable. So your view of the company would be different. Don't get me wrong, they're no angels in our neck of the woods. But generally we show up, do our work and go home. Our beef is with the broken promises and lack of good pay while the company reaps billions in profit. But as to what will happen with FedEx, they've given us a timeline of about 3 years, with most of it in the next 2. So we'll see. But I don't see how we've been waiting for things to unfold for years, and that he's also been right on the money. It's one or the other. We're still waiting to see it unfold, most of what he has said hasn't happened. About the only thing that has come about is the announcement of restructuring. That was inevitable, and, as the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Bottom line, most of us who remember another FedEx will soon be gone. This company will just be about having a job, not a career. It'll be for college students and housewives or whoever could use a part-time job. The smaller percentage of fulltimers will constantly be looking for something better, and few will put in 25-35 years. And at some point when we're in our 70's we'll realize that the special company that was was never truly special. They were building a brand, an identity, and recruited the best people they could get. We thought we had it made as long as we worked hard, and resented any slackers who didn't keep up. We didn't realize that we were already screwed, just didn't know it yet. The only thing they ever cared about was themselves and their profits. And the annual stripping of yet another benefit became the one tradition we could count on in this company. They almost blew it, not giving raises and stripping benefits. They got a good union scare in the late 90's. So the topped out employees were given some pretty good adjustments in pay. That was an inspiration for the rest of us to hang in there, that eventually we'd be paid well. But they had no intention of sharing the wealth with the rest of us, and made damn certain through lobbying and payoffs that they'd never worry about another union scare. Now they could go about the business of building up an alternative FedEx, a more profitable FedEx. And lied to our faces about our pay, our pensions, our future. And the rest is history. It is what it is, all the bitching in the world isn't going to change it. They are, and always were, pirates. We are sheeple. And we've been fleeced. I'm going to wear my barrel with pride, and live where my little pension will go far. Beats shaking your fist at the beast. The beast will eat you.

Chumpy

hi all,

just wondering if any of you Express people are being forced to take 4x10 routes. we have several 5x8 routes that are getting pickup routes added to them. all the drivers whose routes are being converted to 4x10 want to stay 5x8, but there are other drivers that would like to be a 4x10. however mgmt said that there would not be a rebid and that policy says they can convert any 5x8 to a 4x10 if the need is there, so everyone is pretty screwed. wondering if thats going on at other stations too
Yes it is! Happening at my station and I was pissed about it!

Chumpy

vantexan,I used to hold a grudge but what good does it do? I mean the person holding the grudge actually "loses!" I go in,try to ignore the bs,and make as much $$ as I can. I used to feel very strongly against the company for all the foolishness they try and "enforce" on you! Now? I work on letting it roll off my back,it won't happen overnight but I sure feel better going to work! Let management implode,not you!