Forced to work on Memorial Day

Rain Shield

I will never work on Memorial Day, July 4th, Christmas, or Easter. I have more respect for the these Holidays and what they stand for and mean to me. I guess I will miss out on double time plus holiday pay.

Enjoy your double time check so you can get that new flat screen or the latest Cell phone.

Packmule

you can have 3 no call no shows in a nine month period and not get fired. That's what my full time sup told me and a bunch of others
Poster's view notwithstanding, as I agree with him as far as working a holiday, I cannot fathom even one no call no show being tolerated as a driver in my building. Good heavens! What about our customers who are depending on us? Whatever happened to work ethic and pride?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Poster's view notwithstanding, as I agree with him as far as working a holiday, I cannot fathom even one no call no show being tolerated as a driver in my building. Good heavens! What about our customers who are depending on us? Whatever happened to work ethic and pride?
Hmmmm ... you need to read a little bit more on Brown Cafe.

Foamer Pyle

I think what his ba meant was that if you have a good attendance record and you need the day take the day. Not every year but when you have to do what you have to do.
I guess I could have been a little more clear, but your are 100% correct. I never call in sick, and if the company tries to force you to work a holiday, let's just say that you woke up not feeling well enough to perform your job. I wouldn't want to put the general public in harms way.

Sent using BrownCafe App