Forced to work preload

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building there are drivers working the preload and they are volunteering for the extra hours. If they are forcing, they have to force from the bottom up and if you are forced, have to pay you driver's wage for any preload hours you are forced.

DOK

And every day last week except Monday I worked preload and had to drive a full route. I worked 59.7 hours. I like the OT. But would rather not work preload if I drive. It sucks going out after loading for 4+ hours.
No way I'd work preload and drive, it is unsafe, especially in this heat. If there is no work for you as a driver tell them you'll bump in on local sort. Safety.

DOK

We have very little turnover at our center.
Could it be you have a small operation? Just asking because I don't know. Company wide turnover in partime ranks is very high I'd guess. Hence the one year until benefits kick in. Ups probably did a study to figure out the vast majority don't stay that long. Just my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could it be you have a small operation? Just asking because I don't know. Company wide turnover in partime ranks is very high I'd guess. Hence the one year until benefits kick in. Ups probably did a study to figure out the vast majority don't stay that long. Just my opinion.

We average 24-28 routes on road each day.

10 point

Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about.

Apparently you should worry about your own center.

Apparently you are a non-factor on this forum.
And you are the negative factor here...
always fighting and hatefully arrogant in your responses.
Sure sounds like New York Cityitis.

Meanwhile,
Our center runs 30-37 routes and the turnover rate of new part time preloaders is well above 50%. Worse than last year.
We have only a few loaders that want to retire as part time. Their pension is probably more secure and they probably want more of a family friendly life.