Forced to work preload

10 point

Drivers rarely quit as their options are severely limited.
There's no limitations on work. If you truly hate what you do the best thing is to achieve the life want for your family, not just accruing toys, and it should not ever revolve around what you have to make to cover those excesses.

The golden handcuffs theory is applied here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There's no limitations on work. If you truly hate what you do the best thing is to achieve the life want for your family, not just accruing toys, and it should not ever revolve around what you have to make to cover those excesses.

The golden handcuffs theory is applied here.

Those are not the limitations I am talking about here and you know it.

Look around during your PCM this morning. How many of your co-workers could "take their skills" and earn a comparable wage with a similar benefit package elsewhere?

10 point

Look around during your PCM this morning. How many of your co-workers could "take their skills" and earn a comparable wage with a similar benefit package elsewhere?
There you go, judging other people and their skills that you have no clue about. Maybe if you got off your pedestal and actually paid attention to people you work with you will notice that there are others that their intelligence exceeds yours?

A friend of mine graduated from high school and after a year went into the Army. The guy was just a plain Motorhead and lacked people skills among other average personality issues. He was lazy. Not seemingly as book smart as most of the people in our group and his grades showed that.

He's been a medical doctor for at least 35 years now and most of our friends would trade him paychecks any week.

Some people that drive at UPS may never realize their full potential because they are stuck in a job that pays decent and they built their finances (debt) around that.

When you are continually looking down on other people and display an arrogant attitude maybe we ought to take a look inside of ourselves figure out the root cause of our hostility.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

It's easy to make generalizations and statements like this when you work in a building of maybe 50 people.

I'm pretty sure every driver on my belt and a few preloaders have more education and intelligence than you.

I'm betting you feel that way because deep down without ups, you wouldn't be or have all that you do.

Usually it is self evident in people who make general statements like that when actually it probably applied to themselves more.

By The Book

It's easy to make generalizations and statements like this when you work in a building of maybe 50 people.

I'm pretty sure every driver on my belt and a few preloaders have more education and intelligence than you.

I'm betting you feel that way because deep down without ups, you wouldn't be or have all that you do.

Usually it is self evident in people who make general statements like that when actually it probably applied to themselves more.
Damn....I thought you liked me!

Dr.Brownz

You have a "she" for a boss? May God have mercy on your soul. Been there-done that----worse 5 years of my UPS career.

Women drivers nake the worst management. They believe every route is a cupcake route like the one they had where all the guys at every business help you unload.

Dr.Brownz

That's barely 1/4 of what the smallest center in the hub I work at runs. I thought New York would have to put more routes out. It makes a little more sense now why you view things the way you do..

Im in a center the same size (in the west though) as his and we seem to have the same problems most of yall describe. Our preload turnover is high. No one wanta to waiy for 15 drivers positions to come up so they can drive. Atleast a 5 year wait from the bottom of the ranks if not 10.