Forcing Saturday work

PEMDAS

I am a part-time cover driver. I will have worked all five days and over 50 hours this week. I have two questions, can they force me to work Saturday air if I have never put my name on any saturday bid list? Can they force me to work Saturday if they do not ask for volunteers prior to Friday? Thanks guys.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
First of all, welcome to BC. If that is your real name you are using, you should change it. Not sure about where you are, but it was always voluntary to work more than 5 punches in a week. You should find your stewart and check with him. I know work isn't everything, but you have a chance to make big bank, and you're taking a pass. OT like that doesn't grow on trees these days and times. Good luck in your endeavors.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I am a part-time cover driver. I will have worked all five days and over 50 hours this week. I have two questions, can they force me to work Saturday air if I have never put my name on any saturday bid list? Can they force me to work Saturday if they do not ask for volunteers prior to Friday? Thanks guys.
You've worked 50 hours Monday-Wednesday? That would mean you averaged almost 17 hours a day.
:bsbullf:

Mst3k

Yes, they can force you to work Saturday. Welcome to ups where :censored2: rolls downhill. That being said, being forced to work is unlikely, there is always someone who wants the hours.

542thruNthru

They used to be able to force us in the west. I believe in our contract we changed that. I knew cover drives that had to do 6 day punches for 4 or 5 years straight. It wasn't right. Guys would have 54 hours worked by the end Friday and still have to come in.

To be safe you should call your BA.