Former employee calling center

I

IslandGirl

Hello,

Seems a former employee,who is now a rent-a-cop/security patrol..has decided to be Mr.Public-minded-citizen.
He has the center phone number..he calls and asks for the center manager..(or any other manager in charge).

Today he calls..center manager is on holidays..I tell him..he then wants next in charge..I ask him his name and what it is regarding..
He gives first name only,and says he saw a driver doing 'something'..

Preload sup takes call....seems he saw a driver with the bulkhead door open,while driving..

While we can all appreciate his concern..and reporting it...

He should not be calling the center about it...
How do I,(politely)..tell him to MYOB??..1)..he is calling an employee only line..2)..if I direct him to 1 -800-#..I will have to call him back everytime anyways..(but won't have to answer the phone every time he calls)..

This guy has been calling the center for weeks...'reporting' minor incidents..he worked for UPS 10 years ago..what does he have to gain from I wonder..

Anybody got any polite suggestions??..other than take a flying leap??

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i'd pass his name along to my center manager and our district-security and let them handle it
in the meantime i'd just be like, oh sweet, thanks for the hot tip bro, we'll totally follow up on it, then hang up and move on with my day

and if he asks for the center manager again just tell him you're the center manager lolol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They will prob change your number before long. Changed all 3 of our numbers a few years back because too many People had it and I guess tyne ones whose JOB it is to answer phones were too busy and we were instructed not to give out the numbers to anyone anymore. I really think this had more to do with eliminating jobs and directing everyone to the 800 number.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just explain to him that we now have telematics on all our vehicles and we know his bulkhead door is open, he is speeding, he is backing too much, he is recording in travel and he leans to the left when passing gas. Then let him know that the driver in question is running big bonus and making my numbers look good so all is good. Have a nice day and find a sales lead please!

bbsam

Staff member
You center manager probably doesn't want corporate security on this. They don't care how they get the info so it will only reflect on the center manager and management team.

rod

Retired 22 years
If I was the center manager I would hang up and treat it like a crank call----which it is. I would then notify the authorities and have them deal with it. If I was the driver that was being ratted on I would have my friend Quido pay him a visit.

I

IslandGirl

Thanks all...some of your suggestions are pretty funny!!..and gives me some ideas..the center manager is the one handing out the phone number to everyone..always his solution to any problems that customers have at the local level..

I was thinking about notifying security as well..this guy hasn't worked for UPS for 10 years..he only lasted a year..then went off on a'hurt back'..milked the short term bens..then attempted to milk the long term bens..(not sure if he was successful)..interesting enough..he did have some sort of fitness place operating in town for some time..I'm sure the bens company would be interested to hear about that..but has now taken a security patrol type job..which explains why he is constantly calling..as he must constantly see stupid infractions...

Some of the drivers are choked about this guy..he was a 'momma's boy' they said..one of those guys who complains alot,gets out of work somehow,can't do 10 stops an hour,etc,etc..

I alerted the regional manager to the problem today..found the guy's fitness company on line..with his pic,and phone #...hopefully,the RM will call this guy..he agreed,he said it was like this guy was a stalker..

I

IslandGirl

Tried to get the number changed...many times..just about every regular customer in town has the centre #..center manager's idea...he doesn't answer the phone..but maybe I'll start gving out HIS cell phone number!!..lol

cat2u

I would tell him that while UPS may appreciate his concern our drivers are now so closely monitored by todays technology that UPS knows when the bulk head door is open. UPS knows when the package car pulls to the side of the road. Big Brown knows exactly what our drivers are doing.at all times.