Former Employee questions

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dmoney, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Dmoney

Dmoney New Member

Quick info, my last day was on the 24th of feb so I have a couple of questions:

1. On there is a check with a check date of this past friday (march 9th) but it has not been direct deposited into my bank account. I assume this is my last paycheck and it was my unused week of vacation. are they not able to deposit it into my bank account because i am a former employee?

2. are my unused option 3 hours going to be paid out to me as well?

supervisor is on vacay this week and can't help. he is the only word i trust. so now i turn to you my fellow well paid slaves. can anyone help?
  2. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Sure, talk down to us. That's how to get help. :zombismiley:
  4. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

I don't think that was his intent, show some intelligence.
  5. top dollar

top dollar New Member

You probably have a live check you might call you HR dept. if you were a driver they are going to want the uniforms back.
  6. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I'm not sure, but if you quit I don't think you get your option days.
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

8. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

whats the question?
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Stop by the building or call your HR person.
  10. Floyd Gondolli

Floyd Gondolli New Member

Na na na na. hey hey hey goooodbye. Sounds like you want to segue into if you made a mistake leaving. Looks like your taking a lot of steps back and not moving on. I've witnessed this before.
  11. Dmoney

Dmoney New Member

thanks for all the replies. i cant go to the building anymore because i am not even in the same city. i'll probably just go ahead and contact HR and see what info they can give me. two more things:
    Well paid slaves = what we call ourselves at our hub. well-paid people who receive awesome benefits but almost no respect.
    Floyd: i do not regret leaving at all. never assume. it makes an [ASS] out of and [ME].
  12. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

I suggest you talk to your FT supe to make sure you verify that you are on the re-hire list. Then call the union hall and get a withdrawal card.
    I left in 2001 and did that. I was re-hired in 2009. The withdrawal card saved me from paying Teamsters initiation fee again.