former MBE on my route had thier account cancelled by UPS

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A customer counter that was formerly an MBE has had thier account terminated by UPS. The company gave them an ultimatum: ship only UPS packages,pay a franchise fee or lose your shipping account.
Long story short: the store changed thier name and now 50-100 packages a day are now going to FEDEX. During Peak FEDEX dropped off a feeder for daily pickup.
I informed my center manager of this,and i kid you not, i was told 'UPS dosent want or need all of the volume generated by such customer counters' and that she doubted 'FEDEX can make a profit on such packages'.................. she also told me if people wanted to ship UPS and coudnt at that store they would have no problems driving 5 miles across town to a UPS store,or scheduling an OCA.
Of course once a month when my On Road wants a lead, i turn thier name in,along with the numbers of Ground,Air and International that could be obtained

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As part of the lawsuit filed by UPS Store owners UPS is not allowed to admit these other outlets exist. I have a pak n ship on my route. If a customer calls UPS to ask where they can ship a box they will not include this place. They get sent to a letter box or a UPS Store 30 minutes away.