Former UPSer -- How Can I Get Information on My Pension?

Hi all - I worked in the Toledo hub as a part-time package handler / supervisor from 1989 through 1996. Now that I'm 20 years removed, I've lost all contact with UPS or the Teamsters. I believe I am vested for pension benefits at age 65, but I'm uncertain, and I'm uncertain how to go about figuring this out. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance...

upschuck

Hi all - I worked in the Toledo hub as a part-time package handler / supervisor from 1989 through 1996. Now that I'm 20 years removed, I've lost all contact with UPS or the Teamsters. I believe I am vested for pension benefits at age 65, but I'm uncertain, and I'm uncertain how to go about figuring this out. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance...
It will only be a small pension, but one still the same. Go to your local HR building and they will have the necessary paperwork or phone number to get the ball rolling.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

How long were you a package handler

I actually got in touch with the UPS retirement department and they've located my record and have given me instructions. Given my relatively short length of service with the union, would I even qualify? And are there even two, or does that depend on which local I was part of?

upschuck

I actually got in touch with the UPS retirement department and they've located my record and have given me instructions. Given my relatively short length of service with the union, would I even qualify? And are there even two, or does that depend on which local I was part of?
If you were PT only, you get one. 5 years to be vested in pension.

rod

Retired 22 years
No matter how you go about it its going to get screwed up. They can't even get it right when a full time driver retires with 30 years. I swear everyone who retires is the first person to do so and is given vague answers to questions and lots of "we will get back to you's". Once in a blue moon someone has an easy retirement process but its really rare.