Founders Day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Every day is Founders Day at my house .. I keep Mr. Casey's picture up on the wall under my Crucifix and in between Larry Bird and Ted William's picture !!

I never understood the deification of Jim Casey ... I have come to realize that people use him as an icon of what they think the world at UPS could be.
He is deified by people at 180 degrees in beliefs.
I'm sure Scott Davis and every person on the Management committee has their own little chapel for Jim as well.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had a cake,Milestone Service awards,and We watched a short video where the customers talked about how much they needed the Service UPS provides. Of course the fact that a 50 car center has between 50-75 misloads EVERY day wasnt mentioned

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a cake,Milestone Service awards,and We watched a short video where the customers talked about how much they needed the Service UPS provides. Of course the fact that a 50 car center has between 50-75 misloads EVERY day wasnt mentioned

Yeah we had some fruit and donuts. Also gave out all kinds of service awards. I think the highest was 40 years.

Dash549

What did your work area do to recognize it? Did they even remember?

I"m celebrating Jim Casey Memorial Day by enjoying the week off, maybe I will install a new bathtub today.

We watched a video in one of the offices, couldnt hear a word and it was pretty short too lol We also got different kinds of fruits and cake :)

Scratch needs to put in a toilet to commemorate where the company has gone.

We had a dog and pony show:
image.jpg

Last edited:

texan

I never understood the deification of Jim Casey ... I have come to realize that people use him as an icon of what they think the world at UPS could be.
He is deified by people at 180 degrees in beliefs.
I'm sure Scott Davis and every person on the Management committee has their own little chapel for Jim as well.
I have been, after 22,000 soldiers I interfaced with over 22 years US Army.

Just a guess on numbers, but I have seen it all.

Some people, Officers, NCO's have those eyes and personna you respect.

Not many, but when they intersect in your life, look you in the eye and say something, you know.

Those peering laser leadership, no male cow manure, I am in charge and do not play, eyes.

Every photo of Jim, he had those eyes.

Just a post, or as the newer generation say, just saying..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wished I had left the bathtub reference out of my first post, that really derailed this thread. When I built my house back in '86, they put those one-piece fiberglass tub things in my house. The builders didn't bother installing it correctly or putting something under the floor for support, so it has cracked a few times requiring me to patch it with a fiberglass kit. I had to take a saw and cut the walls out and then cut the tub in half to get the thing out last night, it has been a major pain to deal with.

My Center usually does a sheet cake and some bottles of water, if anything at all. They normally do the big years of service anniversaries too.