Founders Day

I wished I had left the bathtub reference out of my first post, that really derailed this thread. When I built my house back in '86, they put those one-piece fiberglass tub things in my house. The builders didn't bother installing it correctly or putting something under the floor for support, so it has cracked a few times requiring me to patch it with a fiberglass kit. I had to take a saw and cut the walls out and then cut the tub in half to get the thing out last night, it has been a major pain to deal with.

My Center usually does a sheet cake and some bottles of water, if anything at all. They normally do the big years of service anniversaries too.

you didnt derail this thread...you had lots of help...

Couple of drives say when UPS went public that is death of the old UPS day.

Its not the same anymore. Always a hard company to work for.............................but they always took care of their employes..union and management. Now its.............screw everybody...................including the customers. Profit first..people 2nd and service dead last!

kingOFchester

Not for nothing, but UPS can keep their hunks of metal, turkeys, match box trucks, cake, BBQ's, soda, candy bars, pins, awards any other garbage they can dig up. I am here for a check, healthcare and pension. Not even banking on the pension at this point......but screw "Founders Day" and any other celebration.

Maybe if I was here 30 years ago, I would feel different.

Carry on.

I wished I had left the bathtub reference out of my first post, that really derailed this thread. When I built my house back in '86, they put those one-piece fiberglass tub things in my house. The builders didn't bother installing it correctly or putting something under the floor for support, so it has cracked a few times requiring me to patch it with a fiberglass kit. I had to take a saw and cut the walls out and then cut the tub in half to get the thing out last night, it has been a major pain to deal with.

Sounds like most of the works been started. Might as well go big. Good return for the dollar on bathrooms.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I had to do precisely the same thing in my house for the same reason. They never bother to bed the tub. Putting in the cast iron replacement by myself was even harder! I didn't bother trying to repair it.

Big Babooba

My Center usually does a sheet cake and some bottles of water, if anything at all. They normally do the big years of service anniversaries too.

Who are you trying to kid? You don't have indoor plumbing!

Cementups

Box Monkey
We had a bunch of service awards given out, including my own 20 year award. We also had a driver recognized for 40 years. I may very well be around that long as well as long as my body still lets me do it. Time will tell.

We had a bunch of service awards given out, including my own 20 year award. We also had a driver recognized for 40 years. I may very well be around that long as well as long as my body still lets me do it. Time will tell.

You wouldnt get 40 years of hard labor.....................................................................for murder