Four day work week

vantexan

If 4 x 10 equals 40 how are you struggling to get 37 hours per week?
We're guaranteed 35 hrs but not all rts get 40, no matter that they call them 4X10. It's a matter of local conditions. I've worked 4X10's and consistently got 43-45hrs a week plus opportunities to get OT on my days off.

dex 84

If 4 x 10 equals 40 how are you struggling to get 37 hours per week?

4 day workweek, 10 hour workday. Of course the 10 hour workday isn't necessarily 10b hours long. It depends on how busy you are.

As to the original question, I believe you can get out of your route if it is changed significantly enough.

Oldfart

Our 4x10 have a rotating day off that moves up 1 day per week. Once every 4 weeks or so you get a Friday AND the following Monday off. Never been a fan of the 4x10. Lose money with the loss of OT unless you work your day off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our 4x10 have a rotating day off that moves up 1 day per week. Once every 4 weeks or so you get a Friday AND the following Monday off. Never been a fan of the 4x10. Lose money with the loss of OT unless you work your day off.

This is why you budget based on 35 or 40. Any OT that you get would be gravy.

!Retired!

Exactly I hate 4×10 routes..I'm a swing driver and have been stuck on a 4x10 routes since the new year..I struggle to get 37 hours a week..it's a bunch of crap. You do more work each day but you get paid less...70 deliveries and 35 pups and get a 9 hour day...while a 5x8 driver does 70 deliveries, helps out with 10 pups and gets 9 hours..except he gets 1 hour of ot each day..FEDEX IS GENIUS
There's your answer. I loved my 4x10 down South, even though I would finish my day in 8.5-9 hours. But, they would ask me to work on my day off at least once a month. Easiest 8.5-9 hours of overtime I EVER got.
Never did the rotating day off thing, but that would be sweet.
This is why you budget based on 35 or 40. Any OT that you get would be gravy.
Will you quit making sense? :blink:

Yomama11

There's your answer. I loved my 4x10 down South, even though I would finish my day in 8.5-9 hours. But, they would ask me to work on my day off at least once a month. Easiest 8.5-9 hours of overtime I EVER got.

Never did the rotating day off thing, but that would be sweet.

Will you quit making sense? :blink:
Even as a swing I never got to come in on my day off..if I did then I wouldn't have said nothing...I felt my Manger didn't like me..numerous times I would be scheduled 3 days to come in and do nothing else...I spoke to my senior and she did nothing..nice to say both of those clowns are gone..now all of a sudden I get 45-50 hours a week again.