Fox News Investigates UPS storing Packages in Garage

WorknLateHuh

jhjhjh.png

FOX 29 Investigates: UPS Storing Packages In Home's Garage?

Thoughts?

Box Ox

Oh, shnit! They've discovered our GRAND PEAK PLAN. Tomorrow my center will be forcing from the bottom up to empty all local garages before we're found out.

PT Car Washer

A lot of times one of our drivers will leave his pick ups in an on road sups garage for someone to pick up when he is going to be out late. No news here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Really! I'm betting its a drivers property. Where his overflow boxes are dropped for him to pick up later on route. We do this on some areas. With the rentals transporting to the route drivers to grab afterword.
You should watch the video. Freaking hilarious.

"Did ups obtain the proper permits to operate commercially here?"

Box Ox

I think the general public can't typically conceptualize shipping and pickup arrangements and holiday volume transfers that commonly happen. It's not unusual for homeowners to have daily bulk deliveries delivered to their own garage or even a neighbor's garage. And what they do with it from there is their own business.

Most people's exposure begins and ends with an Amazon box here and there. One diesel P1000 roaring up and down their typically quiet street at 20:30 or one or more trucks going to a garage is crazy unusual to them.Can see how they'd think this is news.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why didn't the news crew stick around long enough to interview the helper with a handcart who was hired to deliver that neighborhood out of the garage?

Idjits.

WorknLateHuh

Watch the video.

We do this here, but it is only when drivers can't contain the volume. I can understand both sides of it. It would be different if the house in question wasn't in a dense resi area. I mean... having trucks coming and going all day long is a bit much. It's a ups hub in disguise

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
News people suck !!
They stood out in front of a closed South Boston center at 5am Christmas morining stating that we were closed and thousands of Bostonions had their Christmas ruined because we were off !

PT Car Washer

Watch the video.

We do this here, but it is only when drivers can't contain the volume. I can understand both sides of it. It would be different if the house in question wasn't in a dense resi area. I mean... having trucks coming and going all day long is a bit much. It's a ups hub in disguise
It was one U Haul dropping off in the morning and two package cars picking up in the evening. How many times do we meet another driver or two and transfer stops on a residential side street?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Watch the video.

They weren't coming and going all day. One dropped off in the morning. Two picked up in the evening.

35years

Gravy route
3 years ago they just parked PODS in residential streets and rolled excess stops overnight to them. Local news figured it out. Really bad press. "Your Christmas package you are waiting for might be stored in there for days", which was true.