Fox News lolz

moreluck

golden ticket member
All I want in news is the old journalism necessities
Who
What
When Where Why & How???.

I don't need the Shepard Smith Bear trampoline......Just show the bear and what trouble he got into or who he killed or whatever is relevent.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
ccc.jpg
ccc.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Again, from Colbert....your major source of news. Or is it the 2nd source behind Maher? You can't be taken seriously with comic sources for news.

How seriously are we to take you when you use editorial and/or political cartoons to support your point of view? Last time I checked caglecartoons is not considered to be a major source of news.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How seriously are we to take you when you use editorial and/or political cartoons to support your point of view? Last time I checked caglecartoons is not considered to be a major source of news.
Political cartoons are not drawn by stand up (or sit down) comics. They play an important part in telling the history of a given period of time.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT]Outside of basic intelligence, there is nothing more important to a good political cartoonist than ill will. --Jules Feiffer[/FONT]
"[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman]Political cartoons are a unique creation--pictorial editorial and artistic social commentary. The medium of the political cartoon, which combines the political and the artistic with journalism, provides interested persons the chance to express their social concerns or political views creatively. It allows them to make social commentary beyond the boundaries of the writtend word. Most political cartoons are "designed to influence viewers with regard to specific political events of the day"

"Political cartoonists have shaped public opinion since the mid-19th century, and they provide current scholars with a glimpse of the political debate and public opinion surrounding past events. Relying on symbolism and caricature, experimenting in fresh imagery, political cartoons help people think about politics. Whether their purpose is to promote the status quo, raise social concerns, or to spur people to fight hard for change, political cartoons have changed the face of history."

You probably can't see the difference between the political drawings and Colbert. It's a distinction that doesn't register with everyone......poor you!
[/FONT]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's sad that you feel the need to borrow the words of others to express your point. Even more so when you do so to defend your use of the thoughts of others to support your point of view.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's sad that you feel the need to borrow the words of others to express your point. Even more so when you do so to defend your use of the thoughts of others to support your point of view.
I used words that expressed exactly what I wanted to say.....OH, and I put them in parenthesis like you complained about before. There's no pleasing you......you are a a throwback to the Little Rascals Woman hater's Club.....Neanderthal!!

Check your college catalogues....most offer classes in political cartoons.....U. of U. comes to mind.

wkmac

hmmm, me neither. The closest I come to any of those programs is This Old House. I watch a lot of the DIY channel on Uverse.

Is This Old House still on? One of my all time favorites was the very first series in which Steve replaced Bob Villa as host. Not because of Bob but the series was about coverting an old barn into a timber frame home. The structure was so far gone, they had to just take it down but they used master timber framer Ted Benson and erected a barn re-creation that made a fantastic home. They did several more timber frames with Ted using stress skin panels which used the old world artisanship of timber framing with the 21st century modular approach of stress skin panels which make for speed of building while give a super efficiency home. Also a big fan of New Yankee Workshop. Haven't watched either show in years.

Note to bbsam, mark post #40 in this thread for future reference!
:happy2: