FOX news promotes business who violates Federal Law...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In typical FOX news style, promoting a business that offers a 15% discount to christians praying at their restaurant before eating shows how little they know about the law.

Customers who "dont" pray, will not be eligible for the discount, and this, is a violation of federal law under the civil rights act of 1964.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_civil_rights_act_2.htm

NO BUSINESS can discriminate against any person or persons on the basis of religious beliefs.

It will only be a matter of time before this restaurant gets sued, now that FOX news has brought attention to them.

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

FOX news and their promotion of the christian faith is laughable at best.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."
Matthew 6:5

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If the original poster had bothered to read the story and understand it, the restaurant owner didn't say anything about offering the discount to only Christians. The owner only gives the discount randomly to people that publicly show that they are thankful in some way. So it could be any religion or somebody only pretending to bless their meal. The restaurant didn't post its policy and doesn't give the discount to everybody. If you don't agree with it, don't spend your money there. I bet their business got a big jump from the free publicity though.

wkmac

I always knew those senior citizen discounts were pure evil!

And one other point, as an atheist I openly and fully support this restaurant's right to do this. As long as I'm not forced to go there but if the food and service are good, I'd go. Besides, lower your head, close your eyes and think about doing the hot chick you just saw and who will know the difference?

Wait for it..............:wink-very:

oldngray

nowhere special
I always knew those senior citizen discounts were pure evil!

And one other point, as an atheist I openly and fully support this restaurant's right to do this. As long as I'm not forced to go there but if the food and service are good, I'd go. Besides, lower your head, close your eyes and think about doing the hot chick you just saw and who will know the difference?

Wait for it..............:wink-very:

That restaurant never specified what anyone needed to pray to. An atheist can pray to himself if he wants.

brett636

Show me a business that doesn't violate some federal law or regulation. There are so many that I don't think any legitimate business could possibly operate without violating atleast one if not several.