FOX news promotes business who violates Federal Law...

BrownArmy

I did address it as you freely admitted I was correct in addressing the troll as a troll. Thanks for playing.

Sleep well

Yes yes yes you called the troll a troll, which wasn't my point at all.

You didn't address the points in the 'troll's posts.

You ignored them, and just yelled, "TROLL"!

Tell me which points from the 'troll's posts that you refuted...

(I'll save you the trouble, you didn't refute anything, you just yelled 'TROLL').

The irony here is that I'm playing Devils' Advocate, and don't care one way or another...

av8torntn

Yes yes yes you called the troll a troll, which wasn't my point at all.

You didn't address the points in the 'troll's posts.

You ignored them, and just yelled, "TROLL"!

Tell me which points from the 'troll's posts that you refuted...

(I'll save you the trouble, you didn't refute anything, you just yelled 'TROLL').

The irony here is that I'm playing Devils' Advocate, and don't care one way or another...

I'll save you the trouble that's incorrect.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All persons are eligible, if they pray. What's so hard to understand?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

The LAW , apparently for you. You cant discriminate on the basis of a religious belief.

Praying isnt the issue, get over that, its offering a discount for it.

You cant do it under the federal law. There is no disputing this.

The restaurant knew, when faced with a legal challenge, it would surely lose big, so they decided to end the practice.

It was a no win situation.

All would have been fine, but for the "praise" by fox news on national television.

You can thank FOX for ruining this restaurants "special" devotion to god.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All persons are eligible, if they pray. What's so hard to understand?

I wonder if you would feel the same if the restaurant was packed with american muslims and they all took out praying carpets, knelt down, faced east, and prayed to allah for 40 minutes.

I wonder if you would stand up and protect those rights.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
I wonder if you would feel the same if the restaurant was packed with american muslims and they all took out praying carpets, knelt down, faced east, and prayed to allah for 40 minutes.

TOS.
Yes, I would. Most Muslims, like most people of other faiths, want only to practice their faith. It's only the few radicals that give them a bad name. I work with a Muslim. I don't choose the same faith, but I respect his choice.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wouldn't enter a restaurant that was full of muslims with prayer rugs..........the same as I wouldn't enter a restaurant that was full of loud, pierced and tattooed teenagers. I would only go where I feel comfortable.........like an IHOP.

Nimnim

The Nim

TOS.

Personally I wouldn't go to such a place, but at the same time the local Fire Marshall wouldn't allow it. It's one thing to sit in a booth or on a stool and pray, say grace, think about the hottie nearby, respect the effort that was given to prepare the food for you. It's a whole different thing to take up space that would impede potential evacuation were there an emergency.

Of course one person for a moment wouldn't be a problem, but as you say a packed place all doing that for 40 minutes, that's just asking for problems not to mention I can't think of a single restaurant I've ever been to that would have enough floor space for even half of the potential occupants to be able to spread out on the floor regardless of why.

Your argument is devoid of any logical thought other than attempting to bait people into saying something that you could then leap at for being anti muslim.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Personally I wouldn't go to such a place, but at the same time the local Fire Marshall wouldn't allow it. It's one thing to sit in a booth or on a stool and pray, say grace, think about the hottie nearby, respect the effort that was given to prepare the food for you. It's a whole different thing to take up space that would impede potential evacuation were there an emergency.

Of course one person for a moment wouldn't be a problem, but as you say a packed place all doing that for 40 minutes, that's just asking for problems not to mention I can't think of a single restaurant I've ever been to that would have enough floor space for even half of the potential occupants to be able to spread out on the floor regardless of why.

Your argument is devoid of any logical thought other than attempting to bait people into saying something that you could then leap at for being anti muslim.

Devoid of logical thought? Are you serious? The issue here is simple. This restaurant was giving discounts for prayer.

Who defines prayer? YOU? This restaurant? The Waitresses?

My point is very logical, people on this thread have said there is nothing wrong with prayer, by you believe, that a muslim prayer would be in some way a violation of a fire code, and my point is, that if ANY prayer is encouraged, then what about muslims?

Do you think they just bow their heads in silent prayer?

They have a routine, a routine that would involved leaving their seats and moving to the floor. Their prayers are lengthy, and if this restaurant and the dummies on this thread believe ANY prayer is welcomed, then they have to include prayer rugs and clogged isles.

Regardless, the law is the law, and this restaurant now knows it faces serious legal action if they didnt stop the practice.

FOX news made it difficult for this restaurant by trying to promote the practice and calling it "REFRESHING".

It is never "refreshing" to discriminate, however, you may feel differently.

TOS.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Regardless, the law is the law, and this restaurant now knows it faces serious legal action if they didnt stop the practice.

FOX news made it difficult for this restaurant by trying to promote the practice and calling it "REFRESHING".

It is never "refreshing" to discriminate, however, you may feel differently.

TOS.
That was their biggest problem, when they became known as the restaurant that gave discounts to christians. If people had kept their mouths shut it would never have been an issue. I get comped all the time (mostly coffee) for being a UPS driver, but you don't read about it on Yahoo.

oldngray

nowhere special
A restaurant owner who is under fire for offering a faith-based discount to customers says he doesn’t plan to discontinue it, despite receiving a complaint from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, a secular activist group.

Steven Rose, owner of Bailey’s Pizza in Searcy, Arkansas, told TheBlaze Wednesday that he posted a 10 percent discount on his restaurant’s Facebook page on July 19 for anyone who brought in a church bulletin.

He also made an important point about the faith-based discount: one doesn’t actually need to be a churchgoer to receive it.

“I didn’t say you had to go to church. I said come in with a church bulletin,” he said, noting that some churches publish their Sunday bulletins on their websites. “[Atheists] can download it and bring it in.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...discount-and-heres-how-the-owner-is-reacting/

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A restaurant owner who is under fire for offering a faith-based discount to customers says he doesn’t plan to discontinue it, despite receiving a complaint from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, a secular activist group.

Steven Rose, owner of Bailey’s Pizza in Searcy, Arkansas, told TheBlaze Wednesday that he posted a 10 percent discount on his restaurant’s Facebook page on July 19 for anyone who brought in a church bulletin.

He also made an important point about the faith-based discount: one doesn’t actually need to be a churchgoer to receive it.

“I didn’t say you had to go to church. I said come in with a church bulletin,” he said, noting that some churches publish their Sunday bulletins on their websites. “[Atheists] can download it and bring it in.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...discount-and-heres-how-the-owner-is-reacting/

And yet, the american taliban just dont know when to give up.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's say that some remote tribe that believes that a human sacrifice is required before each meal enters this restaurant .
Can they also get the discount ?