Fraternization with management

drewed

Shankman
I agree with Tieguy that favoritism, or even the appearance of it, is something that must be avoided. It is best, in my opinion, to keep limits on the amount of friendship and fraternization that occurs between mgmnt and hourly.

We do group activites with my employees, we go bowling, go play pool something like once a month. everyones invited not everyone comes about 2/3 rotate when they come we always have fun

drewed

Shankman
ok how about this.......part time sup dating a part time sup? how does that work out?

Umm thats really a center by center issue, most CMs wouldnt stand for it. it causes a lot of problems (drama) that doesnt need to be had in the workplace, ive seen some get away with it but they made every effort to stay on diff shifts, no public dates etc.....CMs tend to have eyes you wouldnt imagine them having you guys cuddle in a movie you get questioned about it, lies happen both of you are out of a job

See because if PT sups can date other PT sups then I'm game.....I've been at this location for a over a year now and most of the sups are around my age so I'm kinda thinkin of becoming a sup for the pay increase anyways...I mean I don't wanna stay at UPS for the rest of my life, but until I get my career started I may do this if I can date this PT Sup while I'm a PT sup

Another thing is........my aunt and new uncle worked at a place for about 5 years dating behind the back of the company when one day they sat down with the powers that be and told them with some proof that their relationship didn't affect the way they were working and they allowed them to get married...,now I'm not saying I'm going to get married, I'm just asking the questions that I can without raising some questions at my location....and thanks for all the help from everyone by the way....it's really helping me out:happy-very: Now what were to happen if someone were to sit down with the main powers and say.....we've been dating for so long and have had no problems with the way we conduct our work...? Would they allow them to get married or even continue with the relationship without penalty?

drewed

Shankman
See because if PT sups can date other PT sups then I'm game.....I've been at this location for a over a year now and most of the sups are around my age so I'm kinda thinkin of becoming a sup for the pay increase anyways...I mean I don't wanna stay at UPS for the rest of my life, but until I get my career started I may do this if I can date this PT Sup while I'm a PT sup
tread lightly, id ask around see if anyone has an opinion in your building of it

drewed

Shankman
Another thing is........my aunt and new uncle worked at a place for about 5 years dating behind the back of the company when one day they sat down with the powers that be and told them with some proof that their relationship didn't affect the way they were working and they allowed them to get married...,now I'm not saying I'm going to get married, I'm just asking the questions that I can without raising some questions at my location....and thanks for all the help from everyone by the way....it's really helping me out:happy-very: Now what were to happen if someone were to sit down with the main powers and say.....we've been dating for so long and have had no problems with the way we conduct our work...? Would they allow them to get married or even continue with the relationship without penalty?

umm i havent seen it happen, actually ive seen the oposite happen, we had 2 pt sups dating here, upper management sat down said we know whats up one of you needs to quit, one of them did ones a ft sup now and theyve been maried for yrs now

Well....looks like if I wanna be with him then I'm the one that really needs to start looking for a new job.........I would rather him stay and make the cash while I work somewhere else....I just need somewhere where I can get the benefits but still have him at the same time......oh well looks like I got some thinking to do......thank you so much for all your help! I really appriciate it!

drewed

Shankman
Well....looks like if I wanna be with him then I'm the one that really needs to start looking for a new job.........I would rather him stay and make the cash while I work somewhere else....I just need somewhere where I can get the benefits but still have him at the same time......oh well looks like I got some thinking to do......thank you so much for all your help! I really appriciate it!

Umm places like costco offer descent wages and bennies....if your a union member you can go down to the hall and they have job placement assistance so you can keep your money going into pension etc

JustTired

free at last.......
Maybe you should base your decision on what his future plans are. If he plans to go into FT management, I'd reconsider. If he plans to become a FT driver down the road, that would be better. Either way you most likely won't see much of him. But as a driver he'll make more money with the O/T pay.

Oh...and if he plans to stay P/T for his whole career....stamp "loser" on his forehead and move on. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

See here's what we have talked about so far......He wants to become a teacher and has to go to school for it and he wants to be a full time sup but can't for a while yet. He really doesn't want to stay at UPS for the rest of his life.

bellesotico

BOXstar
See here's what we have talked about so far......He wants to become a teacher and has to go to school for it and he wants to be a full time sup but can't for a while yet. He really doesn't want to stay at UPS for the rest of his life.

Well he doesn't sound like he's in it for the money. He would make more as a FT sup than he would as a Teacher.

So..just curious..what does he think you should do? Does he want you to give up your job to be with him?

He wants me to do anything that makes me happy......he really doesn't want me to leave but he wants me to make the decision on what to do because all he really wants is to make me happy....

bellesotico

BOXstar
He wants me to do anything that makes me happy......he really doesn't want me to leave but he wants me to make the decision on what to do because all he really wants is to make me happy....

I'm not sure where you are "in life" :) But just some friendly advice..brown to brown..eh? :) A good relationship is a two way street...so before you give anything up, because UPS doesn't give second chances, make sure you have a solid commitment from this guy. It would be a shame for you to make some changes just to have things not work out...I mean..seriously. Don't be so quick to give up your job. :) Not in this economy. :)