Fred Called To The White House

bbsam

Staff member
I can respect your opinion afterall you are entitled to it. What floors me about this whole contrator model however is how much it changes from contractor to contractor. You would think there would be some guidelines. Some will pay you by the piece give you 2 weeks paid vacation paid holidays and give you the option for benefits. I would personally work alot harder for that contractor than one who gives you a salary and nothing else.
If a salary is based on a 8 hour work day then we should give them a 8 hour work day come in and go home if it gets delivered great if not oh well. You cant expect someone to work 14 hour days for 70 hours a week when your only willing to pay for 8 hours a day 40 a week.
Maybe thats up to the actual ground drivers if we went out and worked 8 hours then went home and all of us did it sure we might get fired but the contractors would definately take it in the shorts this peak and Ups would get even more volume back.
You see Bbsam human nature is to be greedy sure, but when you run a business you need to take care of those who take care of you otherwise your ship will sink soon enough its called Karma.
I have driven a bonus route for the last year and a half and was promised all kinds of kick downs haven't seen a penny yet so why should I work harder, its not going to happen show some appreciation and your employees will take care of you, if not we won't its that simple a 2 way street.
Well you and I probably agree on much more than you would believe. I do have drivers who can almost write their own paycheck. I also have those who without a complete turnaround will never see a raise from me. Accidents, complaints, unprofessional behavior are not wiped away by compiling years with the company. Hard work, puntuality, professionalism, and good attitude will have me bending over backwards to keep that driver. See? 2 way street.

bbsam

Staff member
You obviously feel that some aspects of the Ground contractor model are not legitimate or you wouldn't spend so much time antagonizing people about it. Insulting people is a typically reaction when your arguments hold very little logical weight. Many times you get involved in discussions about the other divisions of FedEx that you obviously know very little about. Does it remain a "myth" when states are continually questioning and taking legal action against the Ground model? I'm not concerned about you at all, you seems to represent the deviant nature of the contractors who show little respect for their employees which continually brings the Ground contractor model into question. My advice is to continue to show the destructive nature of the contractor model so it eventually ends in ruins. Keep up the good work!:happy-very:
It remains a myth to think tht legislative or jubicial action will cause Fedex to abandon the contractor model. If you explore the recent "legal" actions against the Ground model, it seems to be little more than AG's sending letters to Pittsburgh. What questions could they have that haven't been answered ad nauseum? I don't think they want to waste the tax-payers money when other similar cases are far from settling in the state's favor.

As for the contractor model ending in ruin; it hasn't yet and I challenge you to show where it has ever been weakened. I would submit that it has only become stronger. The government would have to almost outlaw contracting all together. They won't, because they use contractors too and see benefits in doing so.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It remains a myth to think tht legislative or jubicial action will cause Fedex to abandon the contractor model. If you explore the recent "legal" actions against the Ground model, it seems to be little more than AG's sending letters to Pittsburgh. What questions could they have that haven't been answered ad nauseum? I don't think they want to waste the tax-payers money when other similar cases are far from settling in the state's favor.

As for the contractor model ending in ruin; it hasn't yet and I challenge you to show where it has ever been weakened. I would submit that it has only become stronger. The government would have to almost outlaw contracting all together. They won't, because they use contractors too and see benefits in doing so.
Well Bbscam I dont know where it has been weekened but its apparent where your spelling has been weekened. Keep up the good work UPS gets business back daily from customers that were unhappy with thier FedEx Ground service. I thank you and every other un-gatefull contractor that beat thier drivers into the ground.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well you and I probably agree on much more than you would believe. I do have drivers who can almost write their own paycheck. I also have those who without a complete turnaround will never see a raise from me. Accidents, complaints, unprofessional behavior are not wiped away by compiling years with the company. Hard work, puntuality, professionalism, and good attitude will have me bending over backwards to keep that driver. See? 2 way street.
Bbscam you really are starting to let me down. Whats your address Ill UPS you a dictionary.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I certainly am not above mocking others on this site when it is obvious that they are spouting off about things that they know nothing about or are using 10 yr. old evidence with things that have since changed. There is substantial myth floating around about the contractor model and the contract that bears little resemblance to the actual business practices. This is not one of those times.

Then again, I have been known to act in poor taste on occasion. Usually unapologetically. Just so that you and my parents can sleep soundy; my poor taste is derived from a wickedly joyous sense of humor a la George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Garrison Keillor et. al. not some childhood trauma. Thank you for your concern.:happy2:
You make me laugh Bbscam!