Fred Gegare announce he will run against Hoffa

local804

I have not thought about who I will vote for yet. It should be a long thought up process.
Ok Ill vote for Fred!

trickpony1

The next election will be the same as elections in the past.
We get our ballots and we vote.
Someone counts those ballots but we aren't quite sure who that "someone" is.
Hoffa wins by a landslide.

Anyone wanna bet?

local804

Anyone wanna bet?

I wont argue who will win but we do know who the someone is. The ballot counter(s) are made known to all running and in most cases, they will be there for the counting. They are allowed to monitor the whole process.

tieguy

Banned
looks like tdu has changed their tune and is supporting gregare. shame a three horse race would have been good for the teamsters. jmho

705red

Browncafe Steward
Interesting. Since tdu has attacked fred in the past does this mean we may have a three horse race?

https://web.archive.org/web/20070523005321/http://www.tdu.org/node/888

https://web.archive.org/web/20100706144536/http://www.tdu.org/node/3936

As the guy who headed the central states pension plan this should get some lively blame game dialogue going betwen him and hoffa?

Tie I do not think that there will be a third slate running, it would split the votes to much and almost guarantee a Hoffa victory. The only way to beat Hoffa would be by running one slate against him. In this case you have a Teamster with many years of service in Fred who probably has a pretty decent following who will carry some of Hoffas votes. While at the same time probably carry most of the TDu votes as well. IMO

Many people would not vote for a TDU canidate no matter who it is, yet these same people would not object to TDU endorsing a canidate.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Anyone wanna bet?

Trick the ballot counting is open to members to witness, I have been a witness to 3 local elections and the strike authorization vote. You can rest assured that it is on the up and up. At least when it comes to observing the ballot counts. There was a local here that got caught changing the addresses where the ballots where suppose to go to the members but went to family and friends of the incumbent. They were caught and a new election was held were they lost.

The most important thing is people vote.

bsbmc

i'm glad GEGARE is standing up for the teamsters moral, rights, and history by wanting to work from the bottom up, not the top to the bottom. Hoffa Jr. just like his daddy, has to many people digging in his pockets, he is a wreched person and i absoultely hate seeing that man spread out all over our newsleters once a month. I was informed by my union that Hoffa is the one behind the Parcel Post with USPS, in return that has cost probably hundreds of jobs. I know lets pick up the package, route it through the UPS system and when it gets to the destination zip code we can let the package car driver deliver a 100 different stops to the local post office and the post man can deliever it... yea great idea, i'm sure that is why i'm at seven years and still stuck in a part time position.

tieguy

Banned
Tie I do not think that there will be a third slate running, it would split the votes to much and almost guarantee a Hoffa victory. The only way to beat Hoffa would be by running one slate against him. In this case you have a Teamster with many years of service in Fred who probably has a pretty decent following who will carry some of Hoffas votes. While at the same time probably carry most of the TDu votes as well. IMO

Many people would not vote for a TDU canidate no matter who it is, yet these same people would not object to TDU endorsing a canidate.

you may be right. I'm thinking you almost need to get some fresh ideas and fresh dialogue.

Braveheart

I will vote for Fred. We need better work and job protections. Now is the time to take smaller raises, hell freeze it for 3 years and just, oh I don't know, maybe make UPS a better place to work, a safer place, a more family life balanced place.

tieguy

Banned
"Fred Gegare is running to become General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters so he can fight for the members. "

there is some original rhetoric. this guy is clearly an innovator. :happy2:

meanwhile hoffa is giving you info on how to get your petition to get him reelected. should be an exciting race. :peaceful:

you know if you guys would build a robot that can spew out this rhetoric you could save a million bucks a year.