Fred Master Plan (Phase One)

Brokedownandbrown

Step One - divert all low priority volume to Ground. Happen Now. Eliminate all full Time Couriers ASAP.

Step Two - Start the buy out of small Independent Contractors. Larger ones to follow. Once they have invested so much capital in infer structure the next step is force out I.C.M.. (2-3 years)

Step Three - Consolidate Stations Ground, Express together. Lower Fixed Costs. (5-7yrs.)

Step Four - Reap the rewards, Cash out, and move out of the USA.

People are like spokes in the wheel, change them out when they break.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Step One - divert all low priority volume to Ground. Happen Now. Eliminate all full Time Couriers ASAP.

Step Two - Start the buy out of small Independent Contractors. Larger ones to follow. Once they have invested so much capital in infer structure the next step is force out I.C.M.. (2-3 years)

Step Three - Consolidate Stations Ground, Express together. Lower Fixed Costs. (5-7yrs.)

Step Four - Reap the rewards, Cash out, and move out of the USA.

People are like spokes in the wheel, change them out when they break.

I like the way you think. And yes, I agree that the Ground contractors will eventually be screwed over as well, but perhaps not in the way you think because FedEx cannot buy them out as such. This would create an opportunity for the "non-employee" drivers to become real employees, and Fred doesn't want that.

bbsam

Staff member
I think the time-line is off as well. There is no way Fred moves off the contractor/ISP models in 2 to 3 years when he's making such huge money and there is alot of "gettable" business still from UPS. ISP's will have a few years warning when the length of agreement negotiations and re-negotiations are limited to 1 or 2 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think the time-line is off as well. There is no way Fred moves off the contractor/ISP models in 2 to 3 years when he's making such huge money and there is alot of "gettable" business still from UPS. ISP's will have a few years warning when the length of agreement negotiations and re-negotiations are limited to 1 or 2 years.

I agree. Fred won't do anything for awhile. But he eventually will, and I hope you're prepared.

STFXG

Most contractors are on year to year contracts as it is. Only new ICs sign up to a 3 year contract. It only takes a 30 day written notice at the end of a contract to end the contract... Why buy us out? We can easily be phased out of the company for no cost.

bbsam

Staff member
Most contractors are on year to year contracts as it is. Only new ICs sign up to a 3 year contract. It only takes a 30 day written notice at the end of a contract to end the contract... Why buy us out? We can easily be phased out of the company for no cost.

Good point. Talk about a legal/logistics nightmare though. Not sure I'd show up for those days.