Fred S Wins US Chamber of Commerce Weasel Award

vantexan

Well, if the ability to vote for a union is there, why is it not being exercised?

It's going to take union reps standing outside stations, handing out info that educates and informs employees of their options. The vast majority of employees most likely aren't even aware of the RLA rules changes, might not even know what the RLA is. If the Teamsters or any other union aren't willing to step up then IMO the union movement is dead and we might as well grin and bear it. But I truly doubt if the majority of employees are truly content, just uninformed.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh I get it and I agree with what you say here. I just want to add that the Senate and the false hope they gave us couldn't care less about the working folks that elected them as their couldn't care less attitudes towards rectifying the playing field pretty much let this whole thing slip away. Those elected officials (with a few exceptions) are pretty much a slave to Fred's wallet and checkbook.
Can't say as I disagree with that except to say they are not slaves to Fred's wallet so much as slaves to their own ambitions and designs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well, if the ability to vote for a union is there, why is it not being exercised?

Nobody at the Teamsters is apparently interested in organizing a union. It's interesting, however, that FedEx is still running the Brownbailout campaign (even on this site), so they may be worried about Dems trying to push something through before the switchout in Congress occurs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can't say as I disagree with that except to say they are not slaves to Fred's wallet so much as slaves to their own ambitions and designs.

Guess where politicians go when they get kicked-out of office? Why, they become lobbyists, of course. I hear that the going rate for an ex-Congressperson is $1m per year to start, and that top aides can start at around $700k per year. So even when they lose, they win long-term. Who do they lobby? Their former peers. Sounds a little incestuous, doesn't it...and just plain wrong.

ex fed exer

It's not crap when the parody represents facts. Smith has bought his way out of a union threat with dirty politics and is a Free Market conservative of the highest order. He's also a major hypocrite, because he doesn't really believe in having fair competition(a true free market), as demonsrated by his special RLA advantage. He is the prototype of the corporate criminal worshipped by the Right Wing and their puppet organization, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Fred S is Skull and Bones, Right-Wing, anti-union, and a master manipulator of our supposed free market economy, which really runs per the wishes of the monied elite like Smith who can buy and sell politicians like commodities. He is a weasel and one hell of a "businessman" by Chamber of Commerce standards.

He deserves the mock award.

it;s all true and the funny part is the people who are being screwed by smith do not see it.

sieg heil and smile.:angry: profit in smith's pocket.:wink2: