Fred z introduced an amendment not following procedures

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I kind of agree about the TDU part, but the reporting of the boos, hissing, profanities and antics of the red jackets was accurate.

Leadbelly even admitted to it.

Let's show the world how classless Teamsters behave at their own convention. Unbelievable.
The World?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I am embarrassed by your actions at the convention.

Is it that difficult to sit there like an adult with your mouth shut and listen to the guest speakers?

I am embarrassed to be a Teamster.

I don't recall anyone yelling anything partisan during any of the guest speakers' comments. It happend during approved partisan and semi partisan times and when Hoffa was chairing.

LagunaBrown

i just do t get why everyone is in such an uproar like this is something new. Many of these TDU leaders were on the slate with TL saying the same stuff since 2006. Every election their numbers get smaller and smaller while the boo's get louder and louder. Take some ownership and win some delegates elections if you want to step in the ring otherwise it's gonna be ugly running elections with the sorry minimum 5% of delegates. Don't bring a pillow to a bar fight..... It's common sense.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
PS - my favorite moment from Vegas was when the TDU guy took off his vest to introduce his nominee and no one booed, hell the red vested Sheeple even cheered a little when he mentioned the nominee organized over a thousand new teamsters while he was a BA or principle officer or whatever.

And then the guy SMILED HUGE when he said "for the TDU slate" and the Sheeple tried to boo but we're so confused
I gotta admit he did catch people off guard with that tactic. I was in the elevator with him earlier that morning.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I am embarrassed by your actions at the convention.

Is it that difficult to sit there like an adult with your mouth shut and listen to the guest speakers?

I am embarrassed to be a Teamster.

While I'll agree with the first part of your statement, I'm more embarrassed you're a teamster.

With some of the omissions you've said on here, you're the worst type of "teamster " there is.

wide load

i just do t get why everyone is in such an uproar like this is something new. Many of these TDU leaders were on the slate with TL saying the same stuff since 2006. Every election their numbers get smaller and smaller while the boo's get louder and louder. Take some ownership and win some delegates elections if you want to step in the ring otherwise it's gonna be ugly running elections with the sorry minimum 5% of delegates. Don't bring a pillow to a bar fight..... It's common sense.
I'm with you LB!
I guess it's ok to boo, hiss and complain on social media by groups like TDU and such, but when someone has the balls to do it in public without hiding behind a keyboard, they take offense to it. It's completely hypocritical of these guys.

LagunaBrown

I think H's theatrics and intimidation has cost our union dearly. The videos I saw on FB makes me hate the H slate even more. What a bunch of :censored2:ing douch bags ! That was the most disrespectful :censored2: I ever saw. The H slate creates the division in our union. I can't wait to oust the mother this fall!
It's TDU's right to run with a weak delegate turnout and it's within the members right to boo. These are the rights/rules that either side can not win in debate so move on.......

Either way a real leader does not complain about boo's. They would know it's a hurdle towards a greater goal. His job is to let people know what to expect and provide support with a good turnout. The fact they cry about it and play the victim is a problem. Is a crybaby the the kind of leader you want? Would you risk you existence to storm a beach with 200 soldiers or 2,000? Once again take ownership because the choice is yours and where you fall into Darwins survival of the fittest (Natural Selection).

Last edited:

hyena

It's TDU's right to run with a weak delegate turnout and it's within the members right to boo. These are the rights/rules that either side can not win in debate so move on.......

Either way a real leader does not complain about boo's. They would know it's a hurdle towards a greater goal. His job is to let people know what to expect and provide support with a good turnout. The fact they cry about it and play the victim is a problem. Is a crybaby the the kind of leader you want? Would you risk you existence to storm a beach with 200 soldiers or 2,000? Once again take ownership because the choice is yours and where you fall into Darwins survival of the fittest.
Im just saying, everyone should've gotten a chance to speak without being interrupted. From the videos I saw the Teamster United slate was quiet when the H guys were speaking. In my opinion they should've got the same treatment. After all were all Teamsters, except for @UpstateNYUPSer friend* him lmao

LagunaBrown

Im just saying, everyone should've gotten a chance to speak without being interrupted. From the videos I saw the Teamster United slate was quiet when the H guys were speaking. In my opinion they should've got the same treatment. After all were all Teamsters, except for @UpstateNYUPSer friend* him lmao
They were flipping people off and yelling too. They just had no numbers..... It was my first time there and I was shocked how few people represented them and how much of their campaign is through social media. You got to remember that The convention is full of people that deal with real Union issues daily and they know any unexperienced tool can get on a ballot with 5% of a vote. That is what the booing is really about. It's that a guy can campaign on hate with zero experience and get on a ticket. Think about it, if you got 100 members you only need 5 people to have an election. One of those people is you so you only need 4 slate members to run a failed election. The whole point is come strong with 30% at least or try next year by putting in the time to get followers. For example TU nominated guys in the West knowing they did not have enough votes to get him elected. One guy got 16 and the other 18...... Why even put them up there for ridicule?

Last edited:

5habits100

Teamsters United was quiet when the voting was going on also.

5habits100

They were flipping people off and yelling too. They just had no numbers..... It was my first time there and I was shocked how few people represented them and how much of their campaign is through social media. You got to remember that The convention is full of people that deal with real Union issues daily and they know any unexperienced tool can get on a ballot with 5% of a vote. That is what the booing is really about. It's that a guy can campaign on hate with zero experience and get on a ticket. Think about it, if you got 100 members you only need 5 people to have an election. One of those people is you so you only need 4 slate members to run a failed election. The whole point is come strong with 30% at least or try next year by putting in the time to get followers. For example TU nominated guys in the West knowing they did not have enough votes to get him elected. One guy got 16 and the other 18...... Why even put them up there for ridicule?[/QUOTETim didn't do so we in the delegate count. People running for trustee got more than him

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The World?

You'd be surprised at how many people in other highly unionized countries pay attention to the American unions.

So, yes, the world.

Percentage of workers covered by collective agreements

Denmark (80)
Norway (70%)
Switzerland (51%)
Netherlands (81%)
Sweden (88%)
Canada (33%)
Finland (91%)
Austria (95%)
Iceland (88%)
Australia (43%)
Japan (22%)
Australia (25%)

wide load

You'd be surprised at how many people in other highly unionized countries pay attention to the American unions.

So, yes, the world.

Percentage of workers covered by collective agreements

Denmark (80)
Norway (70%)
Switzerland (51%)
Netherlands (81%)
Sweden (88%)
Canada (33%)
Finland (91%)
Austria (95%)
Iceland (88%)
Australia (43%)
Japan (22%)
Australia (25%)
I should call my cousins in Iceland and see if they heard of all the boos by the red vest. Bet ya the answer is no.
Anyone on here see it on the news? Didn't think so.

10 point

1997 clearly showed the dark side of our union.
1997 clearly showed the corporate greed of the company.

They wanted us to have wage increases that were: "performance based"; customer relational based; "quality" and "service based" including hearsay call ins from alleged customers and the general public on our driving and DRs.

This sounds very much like fdx ground.

I agree with the comments about disrespectful issues whether it be on the strike line or in the ball room (or bar fight area as one poster just posted) but the majority of the workers on the 97 strike line were not being threatening or violent.

Last edited: