Fred Z to endorse the L-396 Richard G Slate

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
396 and 63 have the largest TDU membership in JC 42. G is not TDU and neither is Zuckerman. So lets get that straight.

You mentioned in a previous post:

""TOS,
Apparently you are unaware of the "Take Back Our Union" movement that has been touring the country since the implementation of the contract by the IBT. It is being co-chaired by Fred Z, Sandy Pope, Tim S and Tony Jones. ""

This group of people are "touring" the country, but they are not TDU?

Regardless, we could have 1 member affiliated with TDU and we would have the largest membership in 396.

Its funny, G reaches out to TDU for help, yet, wont commit to calling himself TDU out of pure fear.

Is that what a good leader does?? Hides from what he is?

You also said:

""The question is will the other three be there at the meeting to endorse Richard G?""

For YOU, you better hope this doesnt happen.

TDU has had ZERO influence on local 396 and Galvans attempt to introduce it to our local is enough for me to campaign against him.

Ron may not be doing things the way we like, but G being TDU is a NO BRAINER.

Lets see if I got this straight, the three TDU principles you mentioned are "touring" the country with a "take back our union" phrase, and ironically, on Galvans flyers, he has the same "tag line"

"take back our union"

Hmmm.

Now, I know I didnt fail math, but 1 plus 1 still equals two, right?

TDU has come to the yards and stood out front to deaf ears for years. This time wont be any different. G has come to the yards in years past, and got laughed at.

In fact, I got his whole group tossed out of my yard in the last election by the division manager by simply walking in and asking my DM to do so.

Ill do it again this year.

TOS.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Yes, management hates TDU and loves the cowardice Old Guard. Everyone knows that.

The fact you just admitted to being a management puppet is even sadder.

Send my greeting to the biggest management kiss :censored2: in this union, Hoffa.

Evil

""TOS,
Apparently you are unaware of the "Take Back Our Union" movement that has been touring the country since the implementation of the contract by the IBT. It is being co-chaired by Fred Z, Sandy Pope, Tim S and Tony Jones. ""

Regardless, we could have 1 member affiliated with TDU and we would have the largest membership in 396.

Its funny, G reaches out to TDU for help, yet, wont commit to calling himself TDU out of pure fear.

You also said:

""The question is will the other three be there at the meeting to endorse Richard G?""

TDU has had ZERO influence on local 396 and Galvans attempt to introduce it to our local is enough for me to campaign against him.

Lets see if I got this straight, the three TDU principles you mentioned are "touring" the country with a "take back our union" phrase, and ironically, on Galvans flyers, he has the same "tag line"

"take back our union"

Hmmm.

TDU has come to the yards and stood out front to deaf ears for years. This time wont be any different. G has come to the yards in years past, and got laughed at.

In fact, I got his whole group tossed out of my yard in the last election by the division manager by simply walking in and asking my DM to do so.

TOS.

""TOS,

You also said:

"take back our union"

Hmmm.

TOS.
TOS,

Did you really go to the Division Manager? Are you like those BAs from 952 that hangout on the weekends with management and watch football games over BBQ ribs and Coors Light?

I've been around when management calls the police to kick out people leafleting in front of the hubs. You're no different then the sellouts who negotiated this contract or the BAs from 952.

I have zero respect for anyone that sides with management over a Teamster.

Yes, management hates TDU and loves the cowardice Old Guard. Everyone knows that.

Send my greeting to the biggest management kiss :censored2: in this union, Hoffa.
Dude no offense but management would want every local to be a TDU local. They would love a whole bunch of no experience mother truckers coming in. Who wouldn't? You don't think ups and other companies like to see new people come into power every three years? In prison it's called new meat and it's the same in this instance.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Management till today blames TDU for the 97 strike. In Southern Californi if you're TDU you get targeted. Especially because the union will not defend you.

Brown Spider

TOS.

""TOS,

You also said:

"take back our union"

Hmmm.

TOS.

Brown Spider

What you actually did, TOS, was violate the Election Rules in the worst possible manner. You colluded with a UPS DM to deny established campaign rights to a slate that you opposed. An election protest should have been filed against you, the DM and UPS.

What you apparently just don't get is that those rights provided under the Election Rules don't just apply to the members that you personally support...those rules apply to ALL members.

Glad to hear that you and the DM are such good pals. I'm sure that has worked well for the members that you pretended to represent.

TimeForChange

What you actually did, TOS, was violate the Election Rules in the worst possible manner. You colluded with a UPS DM to deny established campaign rights to a slate that you opposed. An election protest should have been filed against you, the DM and UPS.

What you apparently just don't get is that those rights provided under the Election Rules don't just apply to the members that you personally support...those rules apply to ALL members.

Glad to hear that you and the DM are such good pals. I'm sure that has worked well for the members that you pretended to represent.

Unfortunately, those "Election Rules" you refer to only apply to International officer elections, once every five years. Those rules do not apply to any Local Union elections.

Which stacks the deck in the favor of incumbents, because their BAs and Hofficers can enter any company's premises under the guise of working, while they are partly campaigning, while challengers can be ordered to leave the company's property. So much for full democracy in this Union.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
TOS,
I wonder if you get together with UPS management on Super Bowl Sunday? Who buys the carne asada and the Coors Light?

How can anyone brag about being buddies with management? No wonder JC 42 is a joke.

Brown Spider

TOS.[/quote]
Unfortunately, those "Election Rules" you refer to only apply to International officer elections, once every five years. Those rules do not apply to any Local Union elections.

Which stacks the deck in the favor of incumbents, because their BAs and Hofficers can enter any company's premises under the guise of working, while they are partly campaigning, while challengers can be ordered to leave the company's property. So much for full democracy in this Union.

While those specific rules do not apply to Local Union elections, the LMRDA does apply and the LMRDA does acknowledge that challengers are entitled to the same access rights that incumbents are entitled to. Not as quick and simple as a protest to the Election Officer in an International Officers election but TOS would still be SOL, as would his DM.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

UPS has no opinion on TDU. The members do. The members have rejected TDU in 396 for years.

The mere mention of TDU in the yards sparks anger. What is really sad, is that G has gone out of his way to involve himself with TDU leadership the way Ron has involved himself with the current IBT guard, and yet you think a G administration will be independent.

Galvans inability to be honest and call himself TDU will be the final nail in his political career.

You do too much thinking.

dont try so hard.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

Did you really go to the Division Manager? Are you like those BAs from 952 that hangout on the weekends with management and watch football games over BBQ ribs and Coors Light?

I've been around when management calls the police to kick out people leafleting in front of the hubs. You're no different then the sellouts who negotiated this contract or the BAs from 952.

I have zero respect for anyone that sides with management over a Teamster.

I carry "Weight". Weight that G and his entire crew couldnt lift.

When Galvans crew came to my hub and was out there shouting and acting like "thugs" to members who refused to listen to them or take their handouts, they turned onto me.

Unlike them, I can move mountains when I have to. While they were a molehill, they still needed removing. By the wishes of the membership, I took action to remove them.

They were told to leave UPS property.

This isnt selling out, its called Professional Respect. The company knows who is and isnt a player in the grand scheme of things.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Well, another junkyard lawyer in our midst. Lets dispense with your election rules violation. I was NOT a party to any slate in the election and therefore the RULES dont apply to me. Secondly, its private property, and at its discretion, UPS can ask anyone to leave its property at any time.

GALVANS people were acting like fools, and the election numbers proved it later, and they did not deserve to be standing out front harrassing members on their way into the hub.

As for the DM's, RM's and LM's, i am in good standing with ALL of them. Like I said earlier, I can pick up the phone and get a person their job back with a simple phone call.

Thats professional courtesy. Done it many times.

The company doesnt look at me as they view Galvans bunch, like a a bunch of east L.A. hoodies with signs yelling in yards.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,
I wonder if you get together with UPS management on Super Bowl Sunday? Who buys the carne asada and the Coors Light?

How can anyone brag about being buddies with management? No wonder JC 42 is a joke.

Well, I can say that I dont "hang" out with anybody. Dont need to, you dont get anywhere on your knees.. You dont see me inviting TDU to any events with a set of kneepads on, do you?

TOS.

TOS,

I love how just a couple months ago he was your hero and now you turn on him and throw him to the wolves. This is how TDU operates. If you are TDU or someone getting in bed with them you think hating management blindly is going to help your members. Then you get in office and you see that it gets your members fired after about two years you try to change but by then a new legacy comes in and starts over. Ups or whatever company that deals with this just loves it. Who wouldn't love these ignorant guys who just fell off the latest turnip truck. I love dealing with ignorant management. I make them look bad and get them disciplined and in some instances fired. And this goes vise versa.

Last edited:
So I guess 251, 801, 804 and 805 are not in the East. They must be in the West.
I'm sorry to say it but those locals are considered a big joke. They never get anywhere. The one has a bunch of hospital workers taking care of ups workers. That's a joke to management. One has a drunk girl running its finances into the ground. Another leads unauthorized strikes that make your hated international look like great guys. I'll leave the other one out because I've already made my point.

I think you are young and new to joining the party. You have so much to learn. Your cause is filling with pure hate and this is business now days. You need to keep it all business and not make it personal. You need to take a long look at yourself.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Well, another junkyard lawyer in our midst. Lets dispense with your election rules violation. I was NOT a party to any slate in the election and therefore the RULES dont apply to me. Secondly, its private property, and at its discretion, UPS can ask anyone to leave its property at any time.

GALVANS people were acting like fools, and the election numbers proved it later, and they did not deserve to be standing out front harrassing members on their way into the hub.
Any bona fide candidate in a local or national union election has a legal protected right to campaign in non-work areas in non work times including private parking lots. The rules may not apply to you, but your buddies in management friend'ed up. G apparently isn't bright enough to know the rules.

Like I said earlier, I can pick up the phone and get a person their job back with a simple phone call.

Thats professional courtesy. Done it many times.

TOS.
Sure you have cowboy, in your dreams...