Fred Z to endorse the L-396 Richard G Slate

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Any bona fide candidate in a local or national union election has a legal protected right to campaign in non-work areas in non work times including private parking lots. The rules may not apply to you, but your buddies in management friend'ed up. G apparently isn't bright enough to know the rules.

Sure you have cowboy, in your dreams...

And yet, another fine tuned junkyard lawyer all filled up with election rules.

Private property is private property. NO "rule" can supercede a companies ownership of that property. Campaigners must act accordingly while on company property. It no longer becomes a matter of "if" they can be on property, but are they "welcomed" on that property when acting like fools.

The election speaks for itself.

Galvans last attempt was met with a resounding defeat and getting tossed out of a yard was the LEAST of his worries.

This time around, it will be no different. Different faces, same TDU flavor.

And yet, you expect a different outcome?

TOS.

Brown Spider

Well, another junkyard lawyer in our midst. Lets dispense with your election rules violation. I was NOT a party to any slate in the election and therefore the RULES dont apply to me. Secondly, its private property, and at its discretion, UPS can ask anyone to leave its property at any time.

GALVANS people were acting like fools, and the election numbers proved it later, and they did not deserve to be standing out front harrassing members on their way into the hub.

As for the DM's, RM's and LM's, i am in good standing with ALL of them. Like I said earlier, I can pick up the phone and get a person their job back with a simple phone call.

Thats professional courtesy. Done it many times.

The company doesnt look at me as they view Galvans bunch, like a a bunch of east L.A. hoodies with signs yelling in yards.

TOS.

Haven't yet met the DM who would overturn a termination based on a "simple phone call" without a quid pro quo. Also haven't met the union rep who would have a legitimate candidate removed from the employer's property.

That's some strange fantasy world you're living in, cowboy! Hopefully, your views on the rights of local union candidates is limited to you, your DM pal and whatever other UPS manager you've got on speed dial!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Really sad to know a shop steward or BA pals around w management. The other day the on road supervisor invited the guys on the pen out to join up for drinks. When he hit me up personally, I told him thanx for the invite but I'm a Teamster and it would be unethical of my part to interact with him outside of work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really sad to know a shop steward or BA pals around w management. The other day the on road supervisor invited the guys on the pen out to join up for drinks. When he hit me up personally, I told him thanx for the invite but I'm a Teamster and it would be unethical of my part to interact with him outside of work.

Seriously?

You have a lot to learn in life. I can tell this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Someday, you might actually get into a position where someones job rests in your hands. Knowing his life depends on your abilities, you might then wish you had the kind of relationships with anybody, that could assist you in restoring that persons job.

But unlike those of us who can actually accomplish this, you would prefer the 50/50 toss up of arbitration with NO guarantees of back pay.

Somehow, giving a member a 50/50 chance with no backpay, trumps a 100% restoration without financial loss.

This is the mindset of someone who has never been in the trenches fighting for a member as a career.

Ya, you got it all figured out.

TOS.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
You management puppets. That is pathetic. But what else can we expect from the weakest and most corrupt Joint Council in the IBT. After all JC 42 is headed by no other then an ex UPS manager (Randy :censored2:) who has a history of firing more teamsters then anyone else in JC 42 history.

In 1997 the SOB did not support the strike and Jim :censored2: the then acting President of JC 42, who had absolutely nothing to do with UPS, had to go over to Ontario and slap him for it.

TOS, what's your position on that worthless sellout Randy :censored2:?

Someday, you might actually get into a position where someones job rests in your hands. Knowing his life depends on your abilities, you might then wish you had the kind of relationships with anybody, that could assist you in restoring that persons job.

But unlike those of us who can actually accomplish this, you would prefer the 50/50 toss up of arbitration with NO guarantees of back pay.

Somehow, giving a member a 50/50 chance with no backpay, trumps a 100% restoration without financial loss.

This is the mindset of someone who has never been in the trenches fighting for a member as a career.

Ya, you got it all figured out.

TOS.
Don't waist your time. He doesn't understand the game. I don't agree with you some of the time but this guys agenda is wacked.

Inthegame

And yet, another fine tuned junkyard lawyer all filled up with election rules.

Private property is private property. NO "rule" can supercede a companies ownership of that property. Campaigners must act accordingly while on company property. It no longer becomes a matter of "if" they can be on property, but are they "welcomed" on that property when acting like fools.

The election speaks for itself.

Gs last attempt was met with a resounding defeat and getting tossed out of a yard was the LEAST of his worries.

This time around, it will be no different. Different faces, same TDU flavor.

And yet, you expect a different outcome?

TOS.
Sorry your majesty, I just have this horrible habit of reading the LMRDA and IBT vote protest decisions.
I give a rats patoot who wins in L396 cowboy. The point that you seem inable to comprehend is candidates have long been allowed to campaign in private parking lots used by union members. You calling a UPS DM to boot union members out because you think they're acting like fools gives me a pretty good indication why Ron parted ways with you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You management puppets. That is pathetic. But what else can we expect from the weakest and most corrupt Joint Council in the IBT. After all JC 42 is headed by no other then an ex UPS manager (Randy C) who has a history of firing more teamsters then anyone else in JC 42 history.

In 1997 the SOB did not support the strike and Jim S the then acting President of JC 42, who had absolutely nothing to do with UPS, had to go over to Ontario and slap him for it.

TOS, what's your position on that worthless sellout Randy C?

This is why you dont get anywhere in the Union world. Your kind is worse than the palestinians who throw rocks at israeli tanks and think they have it all figured out.

YOU CANT WIN an election with this hyperbolic political rhetoric.

Making accusations is NEVER going to win an election. It may give you an erection when you say it, but it wont translate to votes.

C isnt my problem in 396. Thats 63's issue to deal with.

No matter what these people do in office, they still have to be dealt with professionally once a new team takes office.

Hoffasux, we can agree on most things, except for your style of p.o.l.i.t.i.c.k.i.n.g.

I dont want to insult you cause I know you devote alot of time to union issues, but you sound like you have diarhea of the mouth.

The issue is OUR local... The issue is OUR problems, not the international, not TDU, not any other local.

This is a local fight.

You hate all these people for reasons that make sense to you, but you support G who would bring TDU to our local and then end up being BEHOLDEN to them, just as you accuse RON of being to IBT guard.

Like the palestinians, you want to stand in the face of superior forces and throw rocks.

You dont win conflicts that way.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sorry your majesty, I just have this horrible habit of reading the LMRDA and IBT vote protest decisions.
I give a rats patoot who wins in L396 cowboy. The point that you seem inable to comprehend is candidates have long been allowed to campaign in private parking lots used by union members. You calling a UPS DM to boot union members out because you think they're acting like fools gives me a pretty good indication why Ron parted ways with you.

You can have your own thoughts, but likewise, you dont know crap, and seem to want to have Mrs Cravitz syndrome and weigh in where you dont belong.

Next thing you know, youll be yelling at abner that you see witches.

TOS.

Brown Spider

Don't waist your time. He doesn't understand the game. I don't agree with you some of the time but this guys agenda is wacked.

Hopefully Bo, the day will come when you'll realize that it's not a game. Maybe you'll also understand that your admiration for Sean "Knuckles" O'Brien was misplaced.

Who knows? Maybe you'll even recognize that no labor victories were ever achieved by chatting on the phone and playing patty-cake with a UPS DM!

BTW...you and TOS have Samuel G rolling over in his grave.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hopefully Bo, the day will come when you'll realize that it's not a game. Maybe you'll also understand that your admiration for Sean "Knuckles" O'Brien was misplaced.

Who knows? Maybe you'll even recognize that no labor victories were ever achieved by chatting on the phone and playing patty-cake with a UPS DM!

Sent using BrownCafe App
The day I don't know that this is all a game anymore and I can't play anymore I'll retire.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hopefully Bo, the day will come when you'll realize that it's not a game. Maybe you'll also understand that your admiration for Sean "Knuckles" O was misplaced.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Its guys like you, that never learn what politics is all about. Guys like you watch "HOFFA" over and over again and then think this is 1925.

What labor victories do you propose to be winning??

The contract is settled for now, so there is nothing to negotiate. Now its about finding out how to manage UPS using the new language in front of you.

There are no new battles on contract language waiting for you, just remember, there are people that are relying that all the big mouths who want to be union leaders know what they are taking about.

If the unfortunate happens, and G wins, the membership better hope he has more to offer us UPSers than some rogue sanitation worker, and a bunch of name calling rock throwers.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator: