Fred's 'Town Hall'

EasyMoney

hello all. longtime lurker finally posting here. 6 year Express driver.

a memo was posted in our station about this upcoming broadcast w/Smith.

hopefully there can be some quality questions submitted from people here

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure the questions that make to the broadcast won't be the ones that address the real issues.

FedExer267

Fill out the form with your Info and then your question hahahaha. Might as well paint a big target on your back. I guess they do believe we are that stupid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im curious. What exactly would you guys have to complain about. Complaining about making 80,000 a year to drop cardboard boxes on people's porches.

You seem to think that the grass is greener on the Brown side but I feel that I can speak for my fellow UPSers when I tell you that the job has changed in the past 5-10 years and not in a good way. There has been a production push for the last 3-4 years. Micromanagement is at an all-time high. We have technology installed on our pkg cars (Telematics) which records our every move. It wasn't anything like this when I first started 21 years ago. I used to take pride in my job but now I am counting down the 8 1/2 years until I can retire.

BTW, w/benefits it is $100K/year.

northeast swing driver

You seem to think that the grass is greener on the Brown side but I feel that I can speak for my fellow UPSers when I tell you that the job has changed in the past 5-10 years and not in a good way. There has been a production push for the last 3-4 years. Micromanagement is at an all-time high. We have technology installed on our pkg cars (Telematics) which records our every move. It wasn't anything like this when I first started 21 years ago. I used to take pride in my job but now I am counting down the 8 1/2 years until I can retire.

BTW, w/benefits it is $100K/year.
I understand mgmt might be all over you guys. But plain and simple you sustain a good life on that salary. Something we on the other side have no shot of doing. There are going to be problems at any job. But for the most part what helps you look past those problems is the compensation. We are on welfare over here and you are not.

bbsam

Staff member
I understand mgmt might be all over you guys. But plain and simple you sustain a good life on that salary. Something we on the other side have no shot of doing. There are going to be problems at any job. But for the most part what helps you look past those problems is the compensation. We are on welfare over here and you are not.

As a matter of fact, we have quite a good shot at doing even better.

bbsam

Staff member
you dont even exist. when ground drivers show up at businesses a lot of people double take before buzzing you guys in. ground is trash and there employees are as well. you're the joke of fedex.

I...I...I think that maybe you,...I don't think you like me much. (sniff) There. I'm over it now and laughing at the "joke of fedex" (all the way to the bank).:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Well you don't see me complaining about pay and benefits around here, do you? Or long, hard days of back breaking work either. So yeah. I do pretty ok.

big idea

I have always wondered if there is a pecking order amond fed ex ground,home delivery,and express drivers.I,ve talked to many over the years on my different routes,but never asked them that question.