Fred's 'Town Hall'

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure how a pecking order would be established. Can't be size of ego. We'd have a 3 way tie. Might be a stoke of genius to have the three separated. Couldn't imagine a terminal running smoothly with me, MFE and northeast swing driver all running out of it. Sometimes we act like 5-year old step-children.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would think a pecking order would matter only to those who are insecure.

Not all different from your sick narcissistic facination with being an off-the-street hire, bypassing the system; interjecting that fact whenever possible

Actually, what is sad is that it is not only you :: it seems like a good 25-50% of UPS drivers in our building all have the "pecking order" attitude and look down upon part-timers.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Same thing at Eggspress.
It's all about employee #.
I greet a new guy who transferred laterally into our sta. and he's staring at my badge to see who's more senior.

big idea

There was a definite pecking order among the driver sups. at the center I worked at.They would try to appear to get along with each other but sometimes have some pretty heated discussions around the belts in the presence of us drivers. We kind of got a kick out of that.Do fed ex sups. appear to hav a pecking order?

quadro

Same thing at Eggspress.
I greet a new guy who transferred laterally into our sta. and he's staring at my badge to see who's more senior.
Just curious but did you ask him if that is why he was looking at your badge? Could he have been looking to see what your name is?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Same thing at Eggspress.

I thought the older folks all sniffed each others butts like dogs...lol...and the only time seniority means anything at my station is at vacation bid time. And, things were looking up because of realignments, we were losing 15 high seniority people and then they said another station was closing so we're gaining 22 to take their places. Guess who gets the poo end of the stick?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Looking at the latest earnings report put out by Fedex, I don't think Ground is sniffing any peckin order butt. May be offering it to MFE to kiss, however.:happy-very::peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Looking at the latest earnings report put out by Fedex, I don't think Ground is sniffing any peckin order butt. May be offering it to MFE to kiss, however.:happy-very::peaceful:

Express still is the profit center of the corporation. I hear Fred is shopping for some new 767's to go with his 777's. That doesn't make it sound like Express is headed down the toilet just yet. We still haven't seen the end of the Ground legal issues, so don't go counting your Camaro's before they're hatched.

bbsam

Staff member
What is the status of Ground's legal issues anyway? Last I checked, Fedex Watch website was still under "reconstruction".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is the status of Ground's legal issues anyway? Last I checked, Fedex Watch website was still under "reconstruction".

You and I both know that FedExWatch (and several other sites) are just clearinghouses that search-out legal cases. Their legitimacy has always been tainted by that fact. I no longer post on FedExaminer for the same reason. To the best of my knowledge, it's run by a law firm. That's how I met Mr Clausnitzer, who is the lead plaintiff in the age discrimination case that went before the US Supreme Court a few years back.