Fred's Town Hall

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Another carefully choreographed event, complete with another racially and ethnically "rainbow" audience. Also, a circle of top-notch FedEx equipment from each of the operating divisons, not exactly what you see out on the road every day.

Today, I passed one of our CTV's on it's way out to a station. It was dirty, had rusty wheels on the tractor, and was just plain old and worn-out looking. Not exactly the pride of the fleet, but pretty typical of what you see at Express these days. Every day, it seems we lower the bar to be more like Ground.

For once, I'd like to see a totally spontaneous meeting with top management. No scripted questions, and no fake audience of chosen suck-ups. Why not drop into a station unannounced to see how it really runs, instead of the pre-planned circuses that happen whenever a big shot comes for a visit?

No fake questions....anything goes, even if it's embarassing or angry. Market levels, wages, retirement...it's all on the table. And, broadcast it or tape it without any editing, crap music, or lame hosts.

If Memphis ever wants any measure of respect and cooperation from hourlies, they need to drag their fat asses out of the Ivory Tower, jump on a corporate jet, and get out into the field and earn back our trust.

My guess is that they are seeing the initial results of the SFA and are probably not very happy about them. Too effing bad. While you're at it, show us the actual results, as opposed to what we usually get.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
For once, I'd like to see a totally spontaneous meeting with top management. No scripted questions, and no fake audience of chosen suck-ups. Why not drop into a station unannounced to see how it really runs, instead of the pre-planned circuses that happen whenever a big shot comes for a visit?

No fake questions....anything goes, even if it's embarassing or angry. Market levels, wages, retirement...it's all on the table. And, broadcast it or tape it without any editing, crap music, or lame hosts.

If Memphis ever wants any measure of respect and cooperation from hourlies, they need to drag their fat asses out of the Ivory Tower, jump on a corporate jet, and get out into the field and earn back our trust.

My guess is that they are seeing the initial results of the SFA and are probably not very happy about them. Too effing bad. While you're at it, show us the actual results, as opposed to what we usually get.

I'd love to see this too as would many of us.

But when the Memphis elite has been BSing us for years with the smoke and mirror machine I really doubt if they even know how to turn it off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'd love to see this too as would many of us.

But when the Memphis elite has been BSing us for years with the smoke and mirror machine I really doubt if they even know how to turn it off.

I agree. It would be a smart move on their part to show a little integrity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I told my current manager that I didn't think it was worth the trouble and he didn't blame me.

Most managers (including mine) seem to feel the same way. Not just Fred's Town Hall, but the SFA and all the rest of the "I Love FedEx" BS. It's pretty bad when the management team has turned against MEM.

whenIgetthere

Yes it is...I did wind up doing it, but only because I needed that hour after my break...lol

The only reason I did it was because my manager called me the other night to tell me we would be starting 30 minutes late in the morning, so I could show up early and do the SFA or come in at the new time. So I swallowed my pride for a half hour and took it. Of course, like every year, I hit them hard, especially the SM, but it won't do any good, as it never does!!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The only reason I did it was because my manager called me the other night to tell me we would be starting 30 minutes late in the morning, so I could show up early and do the SFA or come in at the new time. So I swallowed my pride for a half hour and took it. Of course, like every year, I hit them hard, especially the SM, but it won't do any good, as it never does!!!!

Memphis will most likely alter the scores.

That's why it takes over a month before we see the (forged) results.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Go over to "Current Events" if you want to see some phony statistics. Every year, FedEx just makes-up the results as far as we know, because there is no statistical evidence and no accountability. My opinion is that this years SFA results will be abysmal, but that when the "scores" come out in May, everything will be pink unicorns and double rainbows because FedEx is a "great" place to work. All fake.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Any proof the numbers have been altered up until now?

No, there is no proof either way. Please explain how we do "better" each year given the current state of affairs? My take is that Memphis actually processes the SFA's, tabulates the results, and then creates whatever numbers they need for the overall company scores. In other words, they get a picture of what employees are thinking, but don't allow us to see the actual results. Your local management scores may be correct, because Fred has nothing to lose if the individual manager gets a poor score.

LTFedExer

No, there is no proof either way. Please explain how we do "better" each year given the current state of affairs? My take is that Memphis actually processes the SFA's, tabulates the results, and then creates whatever numbers they need for the overall company scores. In other words, they get a picture of what employees are thinking, but don't allow us to see the actual results. Your local management scores may be correct, because Fred has nothing to lose if the individual manager gets a poor score.
I see .

quadro

Memphis will most likely alter the scores.

That's why it takes over a month before we see the (forged) results.
SFA closes on Monday. The results will be available on Wednesday. I don't think I've ever seen it take longer than a couple of days.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
SFA closes on Monday. The results will be available on Wednesday. I don't think I've ever seen it take longer than a couple of days.

The "results" have been in for a long time. They'll put out whatever lies they think they can get away with. Just like always.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had couriers taking SFA Thursday/Friday. Please explain how the results have been in for a 'long time'.

That means that it doesn't matter what we say. They are going to invent whatever "results" they want, just like always. In other words, taking the SFA is a meaningless exercise because we are not shown the true scores. I'm surprised that I have to explain it to you.

LTFedExer

That means that it doesn't matter what we say. They are going to invent whatever "results" they want, just like always. In other words, taking the SFA is a meaningless exercise because we are not shown the true scores. I'm surprised that I have to explain it to you.
No need to explain anything. You have nothing more than your opinion to show for your comments.