Fredy and his stock dumps

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Btn1969, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Btn1969

Btn1969 New Member

2. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

He has over 20 million shares and makes millions with every quarterly dividend. Selling shares is just to pull out as much as possible while stock is still high. If he thought the company was in trouble he'd try to sell much more but this is just a normal transaction.

3. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Did you see the part about purchasing 248,451 shares at 64.53 earlier that day?

4. vantexan

​That would be exercising stock options.

5. Btn1969

Btn1969 New Member

Was just looking at the transaction dates. He's pulling out more frequent than he used too. I really think he's going to gut this company.

6. vantexan

Why would he? And in case you didn't know, Wall Street knows about these transactions too as he's required by the SEC to file his intent to sell in advance. If they thought he was going to gut the company they'd be dumping their shares and the stock price would collapse. He's simply taking advantage of high prices to pull out alot of cash. He might be a billionaire on paper, but until he sells some stock, or receives dividends he doesn't have it in the bank.

7. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member

It was interesting to read the CEO of UPS was in his 5th year, and nobody at UPS has gone much over 5 years. They quoted Fred Smith as being at FedEx since 1971. Especially in a contract year.

8. vantexan

​You really have to get up to speed. Fred Smith founded FedEx and is the single biggest stockholder.

9. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Correct....and if you notice, not only did he pocket $1.5M, he actually has more stock now than before...48000 shares to be precise.

From 2009 until today, he has sold 109,000 shares. Hardly what I would say is 'gutting the company'.

10. Btn1969

Btn1969 New Member

Ok think animal farm and finance. If you where the pig.

11. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

If I where(?) the pig? Where's the pig?

12. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

The pig with lipstick of course.

13. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin !!!!!???

14. MAKAVELI

If it talks like a pig, walks like a pig, looks like a pig, and wears lipstick, it's probably a pig.

15. thedownhillEXPRESS

Or a Republican

16. thedownhillEXPRESS

F!!!!!!!!

It could even be a new Ground driver??

17. MAKAVELI

One in the same in my book.

18. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

see the economics thread

19. Obama doesn't wear lipstick! Be he still is a pig!....sorry I meant money hog..

:biting:

20. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Republican....Democrat.....these days it makes no difference.