Free at Last, Free at Last

Doc Sorting Dude

Wow! Reconnected with a date 31 years ago? Amazing. Thanks to social media this happens more than you think. Mexico's a great place to get away from it all. Good on you!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So true. I've got a handful of friends who all left long-term marriages when they "reconnected" with an old flame via Facebook.
yep, I work with a few who can thank Facebook for greatly assisting them with their unexpected re-entry back into singledom.

Sniper

Good luck van and congrats. It's going to be in the single digits here Thursday, enjoy some of the sunshine for me.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm fairly certain van said he'd left Mexico.....wife didn't want to stay, I think - or maybe I read it wrong, or perhaps I "mis-remembered" as the politicians say

vantexan

I'm fairly certain van said he'd left Mexico.....wife didn't want to stay, I think - or maybe I read it wrong, or perhaps I "mis-remembered" as the politicians say
You remembered right. Have been at my Mom's in NC for 10 weeks now. We're considering either the Southwest or a beach town. But looks like we'll both be working at something until SS kicks in 10 years from now.

Sniper

NC isn't bad except the taxes and some gun laws... Key West would be nice about right now. 6 degrees here back to the truck Tues.

Sniper

No, 21 for handgun 18 for long gun just like federal law. The NC "permit" needed to buy a pistol from the local LE is outdated with Brady/NICS background checks. :2guns:

NC also has a nice vehicle tax and income tax.

On the bright side they have both mountains and beaches.