Free Cash flow 5.4 billion

DS

Fenderbender
A happy employee is a productive employee :wink2: UPS doesnt get it
Oh they get it alright,all the reports point to the fact that an overworked employee is a more productive one.
And the reports on those reports indicate that idle hands do the devils work.
The reports on those reports of reports prove that production through intimidation brings results.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
104Feeder.. based on your last comment, does this mean you didn't squeeze the company until the company no longer makes money? or better yet, loses money each year? What should a company make in profits? (Based in terms of % of revenue?) 0%, 1%, 2% at what point is the % revenue fair to the company? You guys like to say fair days work for a fair days pay. Yet you don't definie fair. What is a fair % profit?

No, it means we still have a ways to go before we could even be close to becoming greedy. I want UPS to make as much profit as possible, and I want the workers who earned that profit for UPS to share in as much of it as possible.

co-chair

Rudy I cant agree with you more I di not Know how long that you have been with UPS but I can tell you this back in 1984 we all made the same full time and part time . Then the teamsters aproached UPS to extend the 1984 contract to 1987 we got 1000.00 dollar bonus for three year plus 50 cents per hour raise 1987 contract we got another 1000.00 dollar bonus for 3 years and 30 cents per hour also sups were to wear name tags and start of new 401k plan . It tok until 1989 to start the 401k plan . UPS loves to drag its feet but as far as a bonus go you do not keep that forever 1 dollar an hour raise you keep forever and becomes a dollar fifty per hour at over time rate .OH and did I forget to mention part timers only got 5 hundred dollar what we need is a 5 year catch up to get all of you part timers a decent wage . Take from a man who has been aroun for over 30 years Starting pay should be 15 -17 dollars per hour at the least. As far as insurance goes if you start charging part timers 90 dollars per week who start at 8.50 dollars per hour .I can assure you UPS will not have a part time day sort ,local sort or preload sort take this to the bank my friend

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$15-17/hr PT starting wage? Are you serious? At best it should be $10/hr w/benefits or $15/hr w/o benefits.

I have to believe that the 30/60/90 rumored for our health insurance is for FTers only. 10/20/30 would be more appropriate for the PTers.

What has yet to be mentioned (from what I have read thus far) is the potential impact this could have on United Way participation.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$15-17/hr PT starting wage? Are you serious? At best it should be $10/hr w/benefits or $15/hr w/o benefits.

I have to believe that the 30/60/90 rumored for our health insurance is for FTers only. 10/20/30 would be more appropriate for the PTers.

What has yet to be mentioned (from what I have read thus far) is the potential impact this could have on United Way participation.

If my health insurance goes to $100 a week I'll still give my token 10 bucks a week to united way. One question I have is, friend I pay 5200 a year for medical will I now be able to deduct medical expenses on my tax return?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If my health insurance goes to $100 a week I'll still give my token 10 bucks a week to united way. One question I have is, friend I pay 5200 a year for medical will I now be able to deduct medical expenses on my tax return?

Good question.

I went to my tax return on H&R Block and typed in $5,200 for unreimbursed medical expenses----it increased my refund just over $300 so, yes, the premiums would be tax deductible subject to the 2% AGI rule.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Good question.

I went to my tax return on H&R Block and typed in $5,200 for unreimbursed medical expenses----it increased my refund just over $300 so, yes, the premiums would be tax deductible subject to the 2% AGI rule.

Which would allow you to add all other expenses over and above what insurance and FlexBen accounts cover.

Ms.PacMan

Good question.

I think medical deductions are subject to 7 1/2% AGI and are not deductable if they are withheld pre-tax from your paycheck (because you would already be getting a tax break).

*Just read it is 10% AGI starting 2012

brown_trousers

Theres really no need to have part-timers contribute for their healthcare benefits. They are by far the CHEAPEST employees to provide healthcare to, because they are mostly a bunch of kids that never go to the doctor and rarely have any health issues. Now..... compare what it costs per employee to insure a PTer vs cost to insure a FTer. Its easily 10x the cost to insure us FTers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I think medical deductions are subject to 7 1/2% AGI and are not deductable if they are withheld pre-tax from your paycheck (because you would already be getting a tax break).

*Just read it is 10% AGI starting 2012
Jumps to 10% of AGI this year (2013) as part of ObamaCare. If you pay the premiums, you get the deduction.